Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Discover] Restore Touch Preview on iOS App

Touch preview removal on last iOS vers. update looks like it hasn't been a great idea. You are on time to restore it, one of the best Spotify features.

Updated on 2019-03-19

Hey!

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

This feature was originally removed from the app due to low engagement. There was a statement at the time which you can check out at https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Touch-Preview-on-iOS-removal/td-p/1857905.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as it's not something we have any immediate plans to add back onto the app.

If we do have any new info to share we'll check back in here with a new status.

Cheers!

Comments
ChrisFluke

long press previews aren't only convenient, but they make your recently played track list more usable by only having tracks you "listened" to on there, not every song you want to hear a sample of.  Discovering new music is frustrating now...

ChrisFluke

Hello Tidal, here I come

justinghaynes

Was stupid to remove it. Very good feature, very helpful when searching songs. Bad decision. 

gtrplayrnla

This was the only feature that 'kept' me with Spotify. I like that feature so much I'm actually restoring my iphone as I type this. I'm hoping my last backup on icloud which didn't have the newest Spotify version will restore this awsome feature? I'm just dumbfounded this feature is really gone? If it doesn't come back what is the best option out there? Google comes with Youtube Red and the quality is the same as Spotify, that seems like the natural way to go? I'm on a few free trials as of today, Tidal, Google, Pandora... will let you all know my progress on the restore. Spotify is suppose to renew in a few days, I already canceled! What are you all smoking over there? lol..

UPDATE: The restore worked!!! So this will only work if you restore before the next backup... good luck!

carolina61667

Eliminating touch preview was an extremely bad decision.

saeed953

What does 'Marked as new idea' mean? it isn't a new idea, you just removed it, bring it back next update

Just put it back, I wish I didn't update

chaseanania

This update removed a feature that I loved. They took away the ability to scroll through playlists without actually clicking on them. Before, you could hold down on a playlist and just scroll through and hear a preview of all of the songs to see if you liked them. Now you can't. That feature allowed me to find so much music so quickly. Now I have to click on each individual song. It's like Spotify regressed and it was one of the few features stopping me from switching to Apple Music. Now I don't really have a reason to continue paying for the service since it has no competitive advantage over Apple Music.

dannylinho_zr10

This was a fantastic feature. I'm disappointed it was removed. We should all do something to get them to add it back

chaseanania

That feature was amazing. It's ridiculous to get rid of it, especially since Spotify was never doing anything with force touch 

gtrplayrnla

does anyone here know if Apple has something simliar to this scrolling feature? I know Google, Tidal, Pandora do not.