Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Discover] Restore Touch Preview on iOS App

Touch preview removal on last iOS vers. update looks like it hasn't been a great idea. You are on time to restore it, one of the best Spotify features.

Updated on 2019-03-19

Hey!

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

This feature was originally removed from the app due to low engagement. There was a statement at the time which you can check out at https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Touch-Preview-on-iOS-removal/td-p/1857905.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as it's not something we have any immediate plans to add back onto the app.

If we do have any new info to share we'll check back in here with a new status.

Cheers!

Comments
Chaselizard7

This was my favorite feature! Why would you remove it Spotify??? Please listen to us and reimplement this preview feature. It was why I've stayed with Spotify all this time so it really frustrates me that it's gone. Now it's such a hassle to discover new music. And all my friends praised this feature so it makes no sense to me how it was not being used.

anna_lizbeth

The touch preview was honestly one of the things that really made Spotify my main streaming site, but now you take it away? Ive had multiple times now where I want to show my friends the platform by showing them some of the songs, but I can't preview which ones I want to show them so I have no clue if they're the right ones!! Now I have to search them up on other platforms and it's really not as good as simply holding a song to quickly identify it. This has really not been a good decision, and I have changed my five star rating to a one until it is added back.

chaseanania
It does not.

Please bring this back.

B_Lemonde

Disappointing. If only I had known. I would not have upgraded. How do I restore to the old version? This was what made Spotify above all even when I can listen to an entire song through other apps. Best smart feature to discover new artists. Please bring it back!

Not a good idea to undermine your app followers by saying "very low engagement rate." Very much doubt that was that was it.

Because of this removal I downgraded your app review on app store to one star. I had come to love the minimal clean functional Euro design. I'm curious to see if you will lose your edge with this. I hope Apple Music picks up this smart tool. Time to make room Daniel Ek for the next rock star of music tech or maybe the rock star was Martin Lorentzon. 

Pepeaaaaaa

Bring it baaaaaack!!!!! I was using it all the time and it was so useful!!!

EoinH3

This was how I found half of my music as quick as I did, so disappointing that it's gone. Spotify is repeatedly going further downhill

dylan29

Apple Music 1 - 0 Spotify

Hennifer

Oh my God they removed WHAT. 

I sold people on your service with this feature. These people weren't even streamers before Spotify.  I'm just a drop in your bucket but I watched the lights go on upstairs in these people, after seeing touch to preview in action.  These were people who DID NOT SUBSCRIBE to music services prior to them signing up for Spotify. It was THE MOMENT these people weren't turned just into premium subscribers, but streaming music users.  I can't speak for all of them but I won't be pimping your product out anymore.  I also watched it convert Apple Music customers.

Your AI on song:user reletivity and the entry points for people to generate playlists and 'RADIO' (artist, album, playlist, song, etc) in combination with touch to preview has allowed me to discover so many great artists in short periods of time.  In fact, it's been a feature I have been waiting for to be brought to PC - I would often use the PC client to manage playlists and use the mobile (iOS) client to scan the playlists/generated radio at the same time.  I also used it in the car and offline a ton.  Maybe your telemetry is broken? 🙂

gtrplayrnla

People.. If you have just updated the app and you back up your iphone on icloud you can restore your iphone from the previous backup. I restored the feature for now and hoping Spotify team will realize that practically NO ONE EVEN NEW this was a feature in the first place. Anyone I knew that used spotify had no clue about this feature, but when I showed it to them they highly enjoyed it and used it. No wonder why it wasn't widely used. Have you factored that in to your equation?