Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Discover] Restore Touch Preview on iOS App

Touch preview removal on last iOS vers. update looks like it hasn't been a great idea. You are on time to restore it, one of the best Spotify features.

Updated on 2019-03-19

Hey!

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

This feature was originally removed from the app due to low engagement. There was a statement at the time which you can check out at https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Touch-Preview-on-iOS-removal/td-p/1857905.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as it's not something we have any immediate plans to add back onto the app.

If we do have any new info to share we'll check back in here with a new status.

Cheers!

Comments
ardacebi

@Jpgchief Strongly disagree. Now for us to understand if a song is ok or not, we skip to the middle to it which is basically the same thing as touch preview. 

AWajda

@ardacebi With three very important differences:

1. Usability is very awful. It takes much more operating steps and multiple time to do the same.

2. You can’t do that while listening to a playlist without destroying the playlist.

3. Spotify thinks that you like crappy songs because you played them for some seconds and always suggests these songs.

Btw, I will never update Spotify on my iPad. Here I can still use Touch Preview as I want 🙂

TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-03-14

Hey folks,

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Jcostanz

Seriously?!?! The most desired feature we’ve all been asking for and you guys choose to just ignore us?? Absolutely ridiculous! All of the updates and changes you’ve made over the past couple years have ruined the app. Moving to Apple Music. Bye 

Prettyface
Can you at least explain why now? You have got hundreds if not thousands of people asking for it to be reintroduced since there was absolutely no need to remove it. I love Spotify but removing this function made it significantly worse and it only takes for me to find another streaming service WITH the function for me to switch.
TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-03-14

Hey folks,

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

TJabbour
Horrible. Already moved Family to Apple Music.
Stu14
I should imagine, given that so many people wants this back that the reason
Spotify refuses is down to money? Does a ‘touch preview’ constitute a
stream for the purposes of royalties I wonder???
souisou

This is so dumb. If this is about licensing and money, maybe you should consider this: This feature makes it easier for people to find music, which means people will likely listen MORE, which would bring you guys at Spotify more money.

The clever thing moneywise would be to implement this feature again!!

PS We have been begging you to bring this back for a long time, it’s not ok to just say: Nah, not right now, with no further explanation AFTER 2 YEARS.

Hansgerbil13
Talk about completely ignoring your paying customers jokers.... if apple weren’t worse you’d be losing business in droves but being slight better than greedy apple is no compliment