Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Discover] Restore Touch Preview on iOS App

Touch preview removal on last iOS vers. update looks like it hasn't been a great idea. You are on time to restore it, one of the best Spotify features.

Updated on 2019-03-19

Hey!

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

This feature was originally removed from the app due to low engagement. There was a statement at the time which you can check out at https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Touch-Preview-on-iOS-removal/td-p/1857905.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as it's not something we have any immediate plans to add back onto the app.

If we do have any new info to share we'll check back in here with a new status.

Cheers!

Comments
howgee

Shame. Who knew Spotify devs were so tone deaf?

soundster

wrote:

Updated on 2019-03-14

Hey folks,

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

@TomLegend this is quite frankly not a decent explanation and loyal customers of Spotify deserve to be listened to more than this.

Otherwise what’s the point in participating in the forums and being part of the community?

To reintroduce the feature would not involve any cost (unless there is an agreement in place with labels etc? relating to the feature?) as it has already been created and introduced previously. 

It isnt’t like Users are asking for a new development, is it? Just something that was just a convenient (and much loved) feature. 

Sort it out and stop treating your customers like this. If you don’t want to introduce it back, explain why it isn’t possible. 

Rmpmap
Exactly. Just say why you won’t bring it back so everyone understands that it’s not just because you don’t care.
Battyiam

I’m so confused! I was Originally on this post man.. I don’t know months ago maybe even a year ago and since then they fixed the problem so I’m not

quite sure why everyone is still having issues but I wish I could help!! 

Maybe there’s still hope and all you need to do is update your device, but again I don’t know.

i can only say it works now for me and I don’t pay anything.

I just really hope you all get this fixed on your end too cas it makes life and  listening so much better.

good luck you guys

soundster

Hey there @Battyiam ,

Thanks for your input and concern...It basically relates to a feature that Spotify introduced some time ago for users by ‘pressing and holding’ on a track title within Spotify to hear a preview, whilst pressed.
I’m not sure what you are referring to but appreciate the well wishing all the same, despite not paying for the feature or service. 😊

Freebish
Oh, putting a pin in it, eh?

WHY??? Did it offer too much convenience?

Was there an office staffed with dozens of people who every time someone in the world pressed preview they would have to throw a switch?

wth? Just bring it back or at least give an actual reason why not. SMH
soundster

@Freebish wrote:

Was there an office staffed with dozens of people who every time someone in the world pressed preview they would have to throw a switch?

Brilliant @Freebish ... That would explain it! 😂
soundster
  • @TomLegend  Is there an update on this? Or, are to be just ignored?
TomLegend

Hey @soundster,

Thanks for flagging this. 

It looks like the feature was originally removed as it wasn't used much by the majority of iOS users. There was a statment on the community at the time which you can check out here - https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Touch-Preview-on-iOS-removal/td-p/1857905.

I'll add this to the status at the top.

Thanks!

TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-03-19

Hey!

This feature was originally removed from the app due to low engagement. There was a statement at the time which you can check out at https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Touch-Preview-on-iOS-removal/td-p/1857905.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as it's not something we have any immediate plans to add back onto the app.

If we do have any new info to share we'll check back in here with a new status.

Cheers!