Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Mrpresto

For anyone not wanting to switch to Apple Music or something else because of their playlists in Spotify, here is an article on how to transfer your playlists: https://www.gearpatrol.com/tech/a428874/how-to-switch-spotify-to-apple-music/

All set to pull the trigger once I finish transferring everything.  Can’t wait any longer for HomePod support (and Spotify support for dual HomePods from MacOS). 

uabzdm

Would consider switching back to Spotify from AM once this happens. Not until then. 

Atomic_Al

Trying out Apple Music - It's nice having that HomePod (hands free) integration. I'll make a decision on cancelling my Spotify subscription soon.

I used this website to transfer some of my playlists

https://www.tunemymusic.com 

vaso2

I'm paying for apple music because of this feature... And that's while living in a country where people generally just don't pay at all for music, movies, etc.

Y_no_HomePod

Still no response from Spotify on this?

tryingtothink
Nope. Stunning. Hurting their own customers and certainly helping Apple.
Maybe they have shares in Apple.
Onewave

I'm surprised Pandora has implemented this feature, but not Spotify.

abricko
Pandora's implementation is _ok_ I really wish we could thumbs up or
down or even use the standard Pandora app to control the station. Hey,
at least it works and I don't have to airplay like I do with Spotify
currently.
zefram47

Very disappointed Spotify hasn't implemented this yet.  I've been a Spotify Premium subscriber for many years now, but see myself getting an Apple Music subscription soon just because of this issue.  Whether or not I cancel my Spotify subscription is yet to be seen as I love the discovery features.  One more nail in Spotify's coffin is an article I read recently saying they were going to go after API users who transferred their data to another service.  Get with the times and play nice with other services.  And if you're going to gripe about Apple not being open enough...do the community a favor and actually take advantage when they do open up features instead of silently ignoring everyone who wants it implemented.

Atomic_Al

"an article I read recently saying they were going to go after API users who transferred their data to another service."

Do you have a link to that article? I'm interested in reading as I have transferred to AP so I can get started using it with HomePods.