Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
chajam10

Spotify Team, can you guys just WAKE UP and do something about this? We’ve been asking for this for years and no one seems to care. Spotify has already fixed this issue with iPhone and most recently with Apple Watch. Now what’s pending to get it done for the HomePod too?? 

furfoot

You have until the end of WWDC to announce support for native homepod support else we will be moving our family account to apple one/music.

pattyland

How can it be that Spotify is the only example on the official HomePod Help page:  https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/homepod/apd414437fc9/homepod

For example, say something like “Hey Siri, play The 1975 on Spotify”.

Is this Apple mocking Spotify? Or what?

noVuz

I will start a free Apple Music abo now. If spotify is still not available after the trial I think I will go with apple 

mrsky

@pattyland Good catch! Hard to say what it means exactly but it's POSSIBLE that an announcement is imminent. It could be that Apple is just trolling but that would also mean that people would be complaining to them more since that info is on their site. 

tryingtothink
I think that is a very astute observation
Marrekk

Bye Spotify! Apple just killed you. Lossless audio, spatial audio, finally working continuity. I just had goosebumps for the first time from listening music on AirPods Pro 

Kiumo

Dear Spotify

Please start opening up to Apple. After your Lawsuit with them, Apple has done many things to open up their part of the system. Still Spotify isn't able to be natively stream from the HomePod. This is a real disappointment, considering you support linking Amazon Devices... I am deeply in the Apple Eco-System, but I never wanted to switch to Apple Music, I've gotten used to Spotify and I really like it. So PLEASE for once STOP just shooting at Apple and instead listen to what your community has to say. 

Here's how it should work in the end:

Add a streaming service to HomePod - Apple Support

trusk89

Dear Spotify,

It was great! Maybe we'll meet up again in the future! Have a good one.

Bellsrapid

I’ve been waiting patiently for Spotify to at least  make a response. But there’s been nothing!

I’m done. See ya..

Hello Apple Music…