Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Heoddy

So annoying that can't use spotify directly through homepod voice command.
I also subscribed apple music, much more convenient with native support
Airplay for spotify? nah

tryingtothink
I have a Google mini as well as Homepods and after a very long and tiring
day it was just so nice, whilst preparing a snack, to just ask it to play
the track I fancied. Some **bleep** posted something on What HiFi (in response
to me having tried to raise awareness on that site) basically saying we
were making a fuss, and it just used to be about listening to music and
what's the problem. Well actually it is about music for me and I didn't
understand why he had a problem with voice control. It helps.
Enixino

Please Spotify. Let this happen. I love Spotify and I love my HomePod. Now it’s time to put them together 🤞

I don’t want to play music everytime via AirPlay. Directly would be much better and easier.

thank you!

puddingparty

I hope this will happen soon! 

V1m5

Just letting everyone at Spotify know, that I need this feature! 😉

gybh

It surely looks like Spotify is holding its own customers hostage out of corporate spite against Apple. Not cool!

MaikelS

Hey Spotify, Apple has done its home(pod)work(ing), now it's your turn!

ringoisadingo

Hello? Knock, Knock. Is anyone home? 

Kaiser4500

Come on Spotify, please make this happen. 

stigvig

I just bought two big homepods for their sound quality as I heard there was  support for third party music services. Now to my surprise you guys have not added support. As a long time spotify user who really dislikes apple music I would hate to have to switch subscription as I’m not able to return the speakers. Fix this!!!!