Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
vilmotz

Ich have to cancel my spotify family account and go for apple music 😉

omikun

I would subscribe in a heartbeat if I could play on my HomePods as a default service.

blablabla6

Please implement this I really need it like really please please Spotify just do it 

3tmf-cdpy7_s3

I read that Spotify is likely testing a new high quality audio plan. Curious if they will also have a look at airplay2 and homepod integration. It’s about time. 

Alieneyes

I’ve just switched to apple music as  I received a homekit as a gift. And in comparison it’s not amazing. PLEASE spotify, PLEASE make it easier and less laggy to connect to apple homekit. 

I’m certain you’ll get loads of customers back!

Was about to cancel my Apple Music subscription with their new price increase and thankfully stumbled upon this Spotify limitation first. Unbelievable that this is still not a Spotify integration.

It's worth the price difference to stick with Apple Music and cancel Spotify once I move my library over.

ameenoman2

Been using Spotify for the last 4 years, i have been building my library ever since. i have two HomePods in stereo and when I stream Spotify to them using airplay its very laggy and inconsistent. I’ve been watching this thread since it started and obviously if Spotify wanted to support the HomePod natively they would’ve probably already done that by now or at least updated us about it till now.

I lost hope and subscribed to Apple music just to find out that the sound quality is MUCH higher and the playlists can be easily transferred using tens of services online.

I’ve already transferred my music to Apple music and can’t help but think how much spotify doesn’t really care about 5400+ customers and 137+ pages of people asking for the support. Its a very big disappointment. Shame. 

I’m very sad to say that I will definitely be cancelling my subscription after 4-years. 

Nuxor

How come that you guys are lashing at Apple,

when Apple release third application support, you guys are just quiet…..

bart8

One month and than I go to Apple Music and cancel my spotify subscription. So sad that this has not been implemented. 

LauLaman

2 years later.. wth.. what the heck are the Spotify developers even doing.. super glad i canceled my subscription 2 years ago.