Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
alasdair009

As many have said before. I have now jumped to Apple Music and found despite the app experience not being as good the better integration was worth it.

So cancelled Premium Duo. Poor dev choice Spotify!

simiusa

Spotify is unusable without Hompod support. How can it take Spotify so long to implement this feature?

alancampbell61

So disappointing 

eetue

Any updates around this being a thing? With the just announced 2nd generation HomePod, there's going to be a bunch of new people who are going to be wondering why they can't play their music natively through Spotify.

JimmyNacho

Homepod Gen 2 was just announced, and Homepod minis continue to sell. Please offer Spotify on your customer's preferred Hardware.

MurrayAF

Apple have just launched their second generation flagship HomePod.

Apple opened it's doors in June 2020 to third party music services to allow native support for HomePods.

It's now January 2023 and Spotify has not provided any active updates on the issue, even though it is the 7th highest voted "Live Idea" on their community network.

It's an absolute disgrace how Spotify is handling this, and are being extremely hypocritical given their complaint that Apple are anti-competitive.

How can you be competitive in a market where there is no effort from your team of developers?

I really do hope to see this support being made available soon given that a large number of users have cancelled their Spotify subscriptions (something I am considering after using the service for almost 10 years).

btz1

Stop complaining and just unsubscribe.

I already canceled 6 months ago and I don't regret it.

At first it was difficult to get used to it, because many things work differently. But making certain adaptations, such as creating a playlist of liked songs, helped me to minimize the impact of changing platforms.

kebablon

hurry up spotify 😠😠😠

Slim08

Stop waiting. It won’t happen. You need to move on to another platform. 

It’s pretty clear Spotify isn’t listening. If they were going to do this, they would have already. 

mrsky

@btz1 

"Stop complaining and just unsubscribe.

I already canceled 6 months ago and I don't regret it."

If you already canceled, why are you still commenting in a Spotify forum about the same thing?