Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
The_Orange_Frog
Not much, really, by the looks of it.
joergflorian

Spotify, what is your point not to integrate this? We have just switched to Apple Music as kids start to use HomePods.

innerspectrum

Same here,

lack of HomePod integration and the new iOS limit of 4 pinned playlists (wth can’t I choose the order of my own dang playlists!) are really tempting me to switch to Apple Music after 13 years on Spotify. This is very disappointing. 

joshuawe

@Spotify any updates on this topic? 

Mdausch

Looks like Spotify really doesn’t care… 

From Mark Gurmans newsletter, 

Spotify says this isn’t a big deal. When I asked the company about the issue, it said there hasn’t been a “significant volume” of complaints about the lack of HomePod support. They claim there are only 18 comments on Reddit and 138 tweets about the issue.” 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2023-04-02/when-is-apple-aapl-announcing-its-mixed-realit...

feedbacktaco

Dear Spotify,

I'm still waiting for HomePod and AirPlay 2 support. I've been dealing with your unwanted podcast push for a while now... how about adding some actual features that customers want?

tryingtothink
Well spotted.
maurof73

Very disappointed. It’s time Spotify 

AppleLeigh

Get on and do it Spotify, stop messing around and just support the HomePod already. You’re wasting everyone’s time here! 

cromica

Hey Spotify please bring support for HomePod. I’m serious considering moving my family subscription to Apple Music.