Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Siri Shortcuts Support

PREFACE:

With the release of iOS 12, iPhone users can now utilize Shortcuts to make the most of their daily routines by automating tasks and steps in both native and third party apps. Currently, the extent to which Spotify can be utilized via Shortcuts is to simply Open App.

IDEA:

I wish to see more options and a wider scope of utility of Spotify in Shortcuts to the capacity of playing specific playlists when I leave my home, and adding the current song to a new custom playlist that I can name, or even copying a song link to a tweet. I know the Shortcut app would be capable of handling a workflow along those lines but it seems it would require a bit more generosity from the Spotify app.

MODERATORS:

Please note that this is NOT the same idea requested here considering that post is requesting for "Siri Integration" not "Shortcut Support". In addition, this idea is no longer an announcement as prefaced here and is now a public feature in iOS 12 as of Monday (9/17).

Updated on 2018-12-06

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-12-06

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

mattaningram

Hey look everyone, Spotify is once again not adding a feature that would make it actually competitive with Apple Music. This is not even a big feature, Apple has done most of the work for you.

Why do I still give Spotify money? Why do you deserve my subscription when I can think of more features you have removed in the last year than added? You have such a huge design and development team, what are they working on that is actually tangible for paying users?

Phantis

@mattaningram wrote:

Hey look everyone, Spotify is once again not adding a feature that would make it actually competitive with Apple Music. This is not even a big feature, Apple has done most of the work for you.

Why do I still give Spotify money? Why do you deserve my subscription when I can think of more features you have removed in the last year than added? You have such a huge design and development team, what are they working on that is actually tangible for paying users?

Probably working on another life-changing "update" that will make Spotify "better".

In other words, another update that ruins Spotify, just like the update of Summer, 2018. I literally was this close *holds hand up with fingers that appear to be touching* to quitting Spotify entirely. And I still might. I wish they'd just revert it to what it was last year (2017). They changed Spotify free and ruined it so much (especially on mobile). They also have removed the previewing songs. And so much more.

lukecoulson

Great idea!

ParentalControl

Pity

ChesterKatz

@TomLegend wrote:

Wow, this is absolutely ridiculous. I'm baffled that Spotify would essentially admit that they've given up active development on a core platform.

StuPastu

Well then, guess I'm going to be replying to Spotify with a "not right now" on my subscription. 

I really enjoy Spotify much more than Apple Music, but their inability to commit to developing the features that the iOS community ask for tells me they simply don't care. 

Considering this is a safety feature while driving and Spotify competitors have it already, it may be "not right now" for Spotify subscriptions on iPhone

Well, bye, I guess 😞 Just subscribed to Apple Music.

I’d like to stay, I like spotify better.  But I listen to music in my car all the time, and voice control is something I‘ve been anticipating for a long time. Very dissapointed with the statement above.

arnavsareen123

I definitely think this would be a great and helpful idea. I hope it gets implemented!