Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[iOS] Siri Shortcuts Support

PREFACE:

With the release of iOS 12, iPhone users can now utilize Shortcuts to make the most of their daily routines by automating tasks and steps in both native and third party apps. Currently, the extent to which Spotify can be utilized via Shortcuts is to simply Open App.

IDEA:

I wish to see more options and a wider scope of utility of Spotify in Shortcuts to the capacity of playing specific playlists when I leave my home, and adding the current song to a new custom playlist that I can name, or even copying a song link to a tweet. I know the Shortcut app would be capable of handling a workflow along those lines but it seems it would require a bit more generosity from the Spotify app.

MODERATORS:

Please note that this is NOT the same idea requested here considering that post is requesting for "Siri Integration" not "Shortcut Support". In addition, this idea is no longer an announcement as prefaced here and is now a public feature in iOS 12 as of Monday (9/17).

Updated on 2018-12-06

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is our blog for news updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
thatrobotdev

It’s disappointing that this isn’t a feature yet 😢

IMG_4595.jpeg

Corbot3000

Going on 5 years and Spotify still lacks Shortcuts support, while dozens of third party indie apps have no issues implementing it.

Does Spotify dev's actually listen to their user's wants?

RMCRMC

Still not integrated?

this is a small reminder to everyone that switching to another service is easy. 

mrhanky17

Folks, just abandon Spotify. I did it, just had a bit of work syncing everything to the competitor. But now I can finally enjoy all the nifty feature Spotify is holding back from its demanding and paying customers.

Just stop being such dickheads and actually deliver what your customers want.

Rojiss

Come on do something!

Timbru

Having built iOS apps I can tell your iOS dev team would love to work on this and would probably even do it on their spare time. Just let it be. Let it beeeee. 

Dds4

Switching to Apple Music 

super5aj123

Spotify has lost me as a customer because they can't be bothered to add shortcut support. I've already moved all my playlists over to Apple Music. All that money, and Spotify can't spend a few hours of dev time on an extremely popular feature.

jeasanto

Have there been any discussions about moving this idea forward? It would be a really nice feature.

Greenleaflower8

I’ve been yearning for this for years, almost all my home automation ideas involves music and I would love to be able to use Spotify in my shortcut automations.