Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error code: 30

Plan

Premium

Country

United Arab Emirates

Device

Macbook Pro late 2019

Operating System

OS X

My Question or Issue

I repeatedly get the firewall error message and I've run every fix suggested on this community. It simply refuses to work. It works perfectly on my Android phone however.

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 9.24.50 PM.png
Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports so far!

As this issue could be caused by individual network setups, we'll mark it as Not Right Now for now since it's something that will need to be looked into individually or could get resolved by an overall system and/or functionality change.

If you're experiencing this, we'd recommend making sure to try all the relevant steps first as these usually do the trick:
  • Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.
If you're still having troubles after checking all these, let us know by starting a new thread in the related Help Board and including all the steps you've tried so far and their outcome. We'll be happy to take a closer look and lend a hand there!
Comments
actyves

still under investigation??

Katerina
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports so far!

As this issue could be caused by individual network setups, we'll mark it as Not Right Now for now since it's something that will need to be looked into individually or could get resolved by an overall system and/or functionality change.

If you're experiencing this, we'd recommend making sure to try all the relevant steps first as these usually do the trick:
  • Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.
If you're still having troubles after checking all these, let us know by starting a new thread in the related Help Board and including all the steps you've tried so far and their outcome. We'll be happy to take a closer look and lend a hand there!

This just started happening on my Mac Desktop. Can I get my subscription reimbursed? I'm paying for premium and getting squat for it.

This is not my system's issue. I did all the "recommended" steps several times. Tried an older version of Spotify etc. Nothing works. I've no firewall. Nothing's changed on my machine. Going back to Apple music I guess.

tamaraward

I have finally been able to log in, but cannot play anything through the desktop app. Playlists, both created by me and others, show but do not display any songs, I also cannot play anything through the browse function. Extremely frustrating, especially as the suggestions in this community to fix it are the same for the log in issue, no matter how many times I clear caches, reinstall or restart the issues are not resolved. I have no proxy or firewall, I can't even get the web player to load. Extremely disappointing that this has been an issue for so long and when I am finally able to log in (though I don't even know how it happened) I am still unable to use the service. 

abbie_schweppes

I have the same issue here 

Vinoses

wth spotify, not right now? your app and only your app is broken, this is not my problem

i am switching to apple music screw this