Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple SD card storage options are shown in app settings

Hey everyone!

We've been receiving reports about the app displaying multiple SD cards in the storage options. 

OI.png

If you're experiencing this, let us know by adding your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey folks,

We just wanted to confirm that the right teams are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, at the moment, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again for reporting this!

Comments
rbsbd

Maybe the problem is in one of the third party libraries used by Spotify or even tied to Android itself... But yeah we deserve an answer.

Abeeee

It's being six months since the initial post and the community is aware of this issue for AGES. (Reddit post on this goes back to three years ago)

Why is this taking so long to fix?

Why? Isn't this what way paid for??? 

Lostcat

Ongoing issues and live idea are a complete joke. 

I love Spotify, I have the seven years badge! And yet I still do not understand why the forum is just a vent area; I have tried several competitors of Spotify, and none of them had this problem. Hence, it is not Android or Samsung's fault, otherwise this issue would present itself in those similar apps. 

Darth_Retro

Another mug Premium member here, waiting either for Spotify developers to address this, (unlikely given how long this has gone on for now!), or Google developers to add the missing features that would match or dare i say surpass this app, (fingers crossed!). Honestly, you have to wonder how such a big issue can be still unresolved after so many years from the leading service provider.

dfrancey

I'm having the same issue. It shows 2 SD cards, which mirror the internal storage. It also shows the actual SD card which I want Spotify to use. However, the app won't let me select that SD card, which is totally frustrating. The result is, everything is going to internal storage, which of course renders the SD card useless. FYI, my photos and downloads from Wondrium go to the right SD card without issue, so the problem appears to be with Spotify.   A20 Samsung Galaxy, Android 11

calamar-87

@Eni @Mario stop sleeping and fix this issue, we pay the fee monthly, and this issue is active almost a year and you don't do NOTHING about that!

Singaporeaner

Yes! My 128 gb cards just got ruined because of this. There was no way to format or delete the cache after it happened. Tried a new card and it happened again. Please fix it and provide a solution for my damaged cards. 

chemahi

Same here. I tried everything that they tell us: eject the card, clear the data, clear the cache, reinstall the app, restart the devices, format the sd card, I even got a new SD card, and still nothing. The only thing that "worked" was that I formated an old phone, and used the SD card, it worked well.

It was working just fine a couple of week ago. Now it just stopped in an asus tablet and a Samsung phone with 8 & 11 versions of android.

ONeill

I have the same issue.

It would be good that you fix confirmed bugs of the app instead of waiting for enough people to complain.
Terrible customer support...

ScarlettJFG

I tried for 8 hours to fix this...This is a spotify issue. No other music streaming app has this problem. THE WORST PART is that when you install spotify, it chooses where it installs and YOU THE USER can not change it. At all. Period. This bricks Spotify when it is installed on an SD card (Which again it decides where it installs, which is always whatever has more space, so install without an SD card in your phone to actually USE spotify) and of course this means you can't do anything. My experience with this is that spotify refuses to load any data from the server. All of your playlists, Downloaded (or not downloaded) music, and anything outside of seeing albums is soft locked because the app will refuse to communicate with the servers. Sure you can login...but thats it. The absolute CHERRY on top is that its a one way soft lock, meaning that you can't GET anything from the servers but you can send things TO the servers. Make a playlist and then open spotify on your PC or tablet and You'll see a new playlist. You can even add the recommended music and it'll show up...on a different device. IDK who at spotify needs to know about this and get this fixed but it is a genuine problem. I work 12 hours a day and need quite a few songs downloaded but this bug keeps me from downloading the number I need for work. Please fix this.