Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple SD card storage options are shown in app settings

Hey everyone!

We've been receiving reports about the app displaying multiple SD cards in the storage options. 

OI.png

If you're experiencing this, let us know by adding your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey folks,

We just wanted to confirm that the right teams are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, at the moment, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again for reporting this!

Comments
dozzy

When choosing the storage location on Android, I get offered multiple location choices that are labeled as SD Card but that are actually internal storage (/data/).
Moving the data to the SD Card took hours (10GB of data). I had to restart multiple times because there was no progress at all.

spotify.jpg

Todehh

I'm having this problem too on my A10, haven't been able to see any music in any playlists either so app is just completely unusable. When will they fix this..

declandevine

Hi,

I've followed these steps with a new Samsung Galaxy S20+ 

SD card removed, then factory reset, then system update, then installed spotify (I havent installed any other apps).  Then I opened the spotify settings / storage, which is showing:

SD card:

/data/user_de/0/com.spotify.music

Available: 104 gb, Total 108 gb

SD card:

/data/data/0/com.spotify.music

Device storage [selected]:

Currently using 14mb

Then I tried to download some playlists - but they're downloading super slow, even though I have a 150mb broadband connection

Mazurky

As of Spotify Version 8.7.84.382 (updated 16.11.2022), this bug is no more a problem in my instance.

dozzy

Looked fixed for me too but after restart all my music was redownloaded to internal storage. Display of storage locations is good though.

JKB314
It looks fixed for me too. I guess I'll know for sure next time I restart
my phone (which I'm not doing right now because I'm about to leave the
house and need my music with me).
ABakes

I got feeling the other day and decided to check and it looks like it may work correctly. Although I'm not going to hold my breath, cause in the past I've noticed it would be okay for a few days even after a restart or two then it would start acting up. 

Hopfully the issue has been resolved but only time will tell. I'll try to check back in a week or two and let you know how it's going. 

ONeill

Indeed with the last update I only see the SD card (once) and the internal storage (once).

I tried to set the SD card as the used storage, but after a restart the internal storage was selected again.

So the last update to the app partially fixed the issue. The storage selection options seem to be fixed, but the chosen option is always reverted to the internal storage after a device restart.

calamar-87

The issue is NOT FIXED, Spotify onlye fixed the duplicated SD CARD, but I downloaded music and after rebooting my phone, the storage was switched to internal storage and started to download the music again. FIX THIS ISSUE PLEASE! OVER A YEAR AND STILL WAITING!

OGWereginger

Hey everyone same thing has been resolved with now no multiple SD cards. However, every time I restart, the same thing happens when everything switches to my internal storage. There is another forum for that here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Issue-with-storage-option-switching-from-SD-Card-to-....