Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs aren't streaming on Apple Watch

Hey folks, 

We're getting reports from Apple Watch users that songs aren't streaming. 

Stay tuned to the Status Update for more info.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience and input so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
frauzika

After my latest reinstall I cannot even download playlist?! As I could earlier today. The spotify app on the watch just dies. 

frauzika

Sorry, I forgot to paste my device info:

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16.2

Spotify version 8.8.1.397

Apple Watch modelnr MKJ03KS/a, 9.2 (20S361)

Telia business as operator 

Sweden

villjr

Still a major bug for my 14 pro + watch 8 lte. 
I’ve been with Spotify since beta and am seriously disappointed. This is a major feature of the latest flagship devices that’s not implemented.

Good thing I got a free trial of Apple Music. 

villjr

This has been existing for 4 months and I see regular updates on iOS, maybe some more communication about the complexity of this bug? 

What rug did Apple pull out from you guys to make streaming not work?

It could make a good tech blog post, and perhaps shame Apple into treating their devs nicer.

zetiacg

I've been having this issue since getting my apple watch in November 2022. I've been fighting this issue all day (February 9, 2023).

In case you're experiencing this issue, make sure to give it a like and provide us with the following info (if you haven't already):
* Your Apple Watch's model and OS version: Apple Watch SE 2nd gen, OS version 9.3
* The version of Spotify you're running: 8.8.8.688
* Your country and the name of your mobile carrier (the company that provides the cellular connection): USA, Xfinity Mobile

I would greatly appreciate a resolution to this. Part of the reason I paid extra for the cellular apple watch and am paying the monthly fee for the cellular service is because I wanted to stream Spotify, specifically. Seems like this is trying to drive me to Apple Music by not working...

frauzika

Hi there! 
Finally my watch is streaming. I realized that nothing worked, streamingwise, using the watch without the phone, so then I contacted Apple. They  helped me to see if there was something wrong since I did not get any internet but they did not figure out what. I reinstalled the watch and phone close to ten (10) times. Each. From icloud copy and totally clean. Reinstalled my old watch. Same problem. 

But - Finally it worked!!! My guess is that I got a bad version of the os. There are many kinds even of the version number is the same.

So… reinstall like a maniac is my tip 😂

Lukeapricey

I can’t get Spotify to stream anything on cellular Apple Watch.  I have an iPhone 13 with latest versions of Spotify App, iPhone OS and watch OS.  Spotify is basically a glorified remote currently.  

315hb4htgyxnjrfwrwwm

I am currently having this issue.  Apple Watch model A2475.  WatchOS 9.3.  I've downloaded this playlist weeks ago and it played without any fuss without my phone present.  And today it does not.
I've:
deleted and redownloaded the playlist
uninstalled and reinstalled the app, redownloaded the playlist
restarted my watch
uninstalled the app, restarted my watch, reinstalled, redownloaded the playlist (I am currently at this step).

I am at a loss.

AlejaR

Hey folks,

Thanks for all your replies and for the info shared.

We really appreciate all the important details you sent us; but keep in mind we'll need you to let us know all the details you find in the status of this thread. Please check you send us every single detail of the list.

We'll pass your reports to the right team, who are currently looking into this. However, we can't commit to a specific timeline for this inconvenience to be fixed.

For now, we'd suggest keeping your app up to date, so you don't miss out on any developments.

Keep us in the loop!

LeMechantManu
Hi Spotify,

Just want to let you know that app in the Apple Watch is now working back and fine ! Don’t know what you’ve done but thank you ! Can run with Spotify and Strava both on my Apple Watch…

Thank you !!!

Rgds

Emmanuel