Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sonos speakers not showing up on desktop app

Hey everyone,

We've received reports about Sonos speakers not showing up on the desktop app. They only appear in the Connect picker on desktop after selecting the device in the mobile app.

We'd like to take a closer look into this, so we've merged a few threads here to keep you all in the loop.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status if we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
Yordan
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi folks,

If you're experiencing this, please provide us with the following info so we can investigate further:

• your operating system
  • the version of your Spotify app
  • the Sonos System Info (found in the Sonos app)
  • the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far

Feel free to also let us know if you're able to see your Sonos speaker on other devices (mobile / web player).

Thanks!

OutsidaII

I'm using

• Windows 10 21H1
  • Spotify for Windows 1.1.76.447.g11f432d8
  • Sonos OS S2 Version: 14.0 (build 67125050) or  (build 67125031)
  • Clean install 2x, restarted WiFi, tried from another machine

I can see the speakers in the mobile app for Android 100% of the time. I can play through the Sonos App with my Spotify credentials 100% of the time.

marsharoo

Same problem for me, and I have already tried the clean (more thorough) reinstall steps.

1. Windows 10 version 21H1

2. Spotify v 1.1.78.765.g5ea20b00

3. Sonos v 14.0 with Sonos OS S2

I have no problem when I use my Android phone; the sonos speakers always show up in the Spotify app there.

Thanks -- I hope you can figure out how to fix it!

Amanda

Novy
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• your operating system
  • the exact Spotify version you're currently running
  • your Sonos System info (found in the Sonos app)
  • the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Novy

Hi again,

In order to continue investigating this behavior, it would be helpful if any of you could share a couple of screenshots where we can see the Connect picker on your desktop app and on your mobile app.

You can attach them to your next response by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor.

Additionally, to anyone else experiencing this issue, make sure to share the info requested in the Status Update if you haven't. This will be forwarded to the right teams.

Cheers!

matteustace

Screenshot as requested

(Main Bedroom is a Spotify One - always appears on Android but not on the computer unless I start playing to it from Android first)

spotify.png

OutsidaII

These were taken in the same minute. I'd watched TV and that's usually what makes Family room disappear from the desktop. Office also randomly disappears until I use my phone to play something on it.

spotify desktop.PNGspotify phone.png

Alex

Hey folks,

Can you let us know if you're using a VPN of any sort and if you have 'Local Network Sharing' disabled or enabled?

Looking forward to your replies.

OutsidaII
I'm not using a VPN and I have file and print sharing turned on as well as
network discovery.

I would also like to note that I'm using a mesh network so I don't know if
that makes a difference.
notanumber

I'm seeing the same issue here, except with a Chromecast speaker.

• your operating system: macOS 11.6.2
  • the version of your Spotify app: Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon); 1.1.79.763.gc2965cdf
  • also seeing the exact same issue on the web player: https://open.spotify.com/; Chrome  98.0.4758.102
  • the Sonos System Info (found in the Sonos app): N/A (Chromecast cast firmware 1.28.102057)

• the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far: refer chat with support person 'GorgaHosa D'
  • environment: bog standard home network, everything connected by wifi; no VPN

- both phone and desktop idle (chromecast not listed)

notanumber_0-1646267170000.png

- start playing on the phone's speaker - phone shows up in desktop, still no Chromecast

notanumber_1-1646267202049.jpeg

- select the Chromecast speaker from the phone, audio starts playing from Chromecast and *now* it shows up on the desktop

notanumber_2-1646267265346.jpeg