Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sonos speakers not showing up on desktop app

Hey everyone,

We've received reports about Sonos speakers not showing up on the desktop app. They only appear in the Connect picker on desktop after selecting the device in the mobile app.

We'd like to take a closer look into this, so we've merged a few threads here to keep you all in the loop.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status if we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
sevillas

Hi there, has this been fixed? My speakers used to show up, but they recently disappeared? I've also tried restarting both apps and searching from fresh Spotify updates. 

patrykp

Thanks for posting this. At least I was able to get it going by using my phone. Having same issue on Windows with all apps up to date. Checked firewall setting and both apps have full access.

iamloeky

Update: Logged out and back in today to Spotify. Seemingly by magic, the Sonos speakers are visible AND working from the Mac Desktop app.

kevinvesel
  • your operating system -  osx 12.4
  • the exact spotify version you're currently running - Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon)
    1.1.92.647.ga4397eb7
  • your Sonos System info (found in the Sonos app) 

version: 14.12

build: 69131120

sonos id: 118643288
  • the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far
    uninstalled, reinstalled spotify, logged out and back into spotify, removed and re-added spotify account into sonos app, restarted sonos speakers
jtsea3

Another disappointed customer here.  Running latest versions of Spotify and Sonos S2 on up to date Windows laptop and iPhone.  Started having same issue - Sonos speakers not visible on the Spotify Windows App until I've connected to them using the Spotify App on my iPhone.  They then stay visible for that listening session.  Sonos can always play Spotify playlists.  iPhone Spotify can always see the Sonos speakers.  I noticed the problem a couple of months ago, but previously mostly used the mobile app so not sure which update introduced the bug.  I consider this a MAJOR PITA and expect Spotify to get this fixed.

Yordan
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status if we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

matteustace

Seriously - "Not right now"?

I've been waiting 8 months for this functionality to be fixed.

Is the desktop app no longer supported? Casting to the most popular brand of smart speaker not working makes a bit of a joke of it.

skaltum88

I can see my Sonos Arc and Sonos Move just find in the windows desktop app. But on the desktop app on MacOS I can't.

This only started a couple of days ago, and yes my Sonos system is up to date.

llungboy

please fix this

cyrusd-us

Same issues as the other posters; have new installs of both Spotify and Sonos on multiple devices (Windows 10 PC, OS X Mac, Android mobile) and Sonos devices routinely appear/disappear randomly from Spotify.  Quite frustrating!