Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"My Shazam Tracks" playlist doesn't sync/add all shazamed tracks

Plan; Premium

It's the same on all my devices - whether Apple or Android 

My Question or Issue

I've been using the automatic sync function where songs I have shazamed show up automatically in the 'My Shazams Playlist'. They stopped syncing so I followed the advice on this community of disconnecting the two, deleting the playlist on Spotify, then reconnecting. I've done this 3 times now.  However the playlist on Spotify only shows 94 songs whereas I've Shazamed 147 songs. And the songs that don't show up seem random - it's not that the first ones don't show or that certain albums don't show. For example I shazamed 3 songs recently from the same album on the same day and only one shows in Spotify. Any ideas? 

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

• iOS

This should now be fixed for all iOS users with the release of Shazam v 14.2. Just make sure your Spotify and Shazam apps are updated to the latest version.

Note that past Shazams will no longer sync to Spotify as part of the ‘Sync Shazams to Spotify’ feature. We have however improved the syncing to find and add more of your new Shazams to the ‘My Shazam Tracks’ playlist.

You can find out more on how to use Shazam in conjunction with Spotify on iOS in this Spotify Answer.

• Android

The relevant team is still looking into possible solutions for AndroidWe're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Keep in mind that in the meanwhile, you can manually add tracks you Shazam to your "My Shazam Tracks" playlist.

Thanks again!

Comments
Ivan

Hey there @SylviaNZ

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We suggest you try running a clean reinstall of both the Spotify and Shazam apps on your device. We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the Spotify app's performance.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

imbafisk4tw

Hi I've got the same problem. I have 669 Shazams and only 298 Songs get syncronized. The missing songs seem random, newer and older songs are missing. 

Your proposed solution didn't work. Do you have another idea on how to solve this?

Thanks

fv84n_ow0-gq

Have the same issue as well … tried to reinstall the app … to remove and disable in Shazam and then to reactivate the link between shazam and spotify, nothing works … I have 113 songs in Shazam and just 55 songs are always sync

mg74

The same problem. Reinstall not a solution.

imbafisk4tw

Please review your proposed solution. It doesn't seem to work 

DwnBrd

Same here, 321 shazams track and only 133 in spotify. All random, some are synced, some are not..

imbafisk4tw

Spotify doesn't really give a **bleep** about this issue I guess.... 

NDFMH

106 shazams, only 28 appear in playlist HELP

previous recommendations not working 

Hatcracker

Exactly the same issue. 74 Shazam tracks, but only 36 have synced with Spotify.

rfeldermann

Good morning.  I am trying to connect spotify to shazam so I have the shazam playlist.  I have tried disconnecting/reconnecting shazam.  I have tried your mention of uninstalling/reinstalling both shazam & spotify and reset my phone.  No luck on any of these.  Any other suggestions?  I'm just trying to get the shazam playlist to actually show up on spotify, which no matter what I do will not show up.  Please help!