Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Everything except rap!

Solved!

Everything except rap!

I want a staion to play a wide selection of music.

I want to hear selections from every gender EXCEPT Rap ( Any song that is all or has sections of monotone chanting ).  I am also not a fan of music that was generated by a rythym machine.

The sation should:

• Never Paly Rap
  • Play Rock
  • Play Jazz
  • Play Country
  • Play Blues
  • Play Country
  • Play Classical
  • Play Ragtime
  • Play Big Band
  • Play Musical
  • Play Movie and TV scores

How do I get a station that will play a bit of EVRYTHING EXCEPT RAP??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for your questions!

For your convenience, I moved those two playlists to be the first two in my Public playlists at  https://open.spotify.com/user/rednblu .  Does Spotify let you see them?

These two playlists are periodically updated automatically to keep at least 200 hours of music in them-- The way that I use them is as follows.

* I copy those two playlists to my own Copies-- and I delete from the top as I play these radios-- I find the location of the currently playing track by clicking on the lower left of the Album art of the playing track in the lower left of the screen-- The currently playing track displays in green in the playlist-- And periodically I delete from above the playing track to the top of the playlist-- so that I can reStart playing that "radio"-- from where I stopped-- just by restarting the straight through play on that playlist from the top-- Does that make sense?

* And when there are about 100 tracks left in my Copy, I delete the remaining tracks-- and I recopy the whole of either

AllOfSpotify_Queue  or  
Songs_Radio.

to the appropriate "Radio playlist" from which I play straight through-- with the Spotify "Shuffle" turned off, as before.  The tracks have been already shuffled so that there are only intentional repeats on VanMorrison and TheBottle and ThisWoman'sWork. and . . . .

Any ideas?

Thanks and joyful listening to All of Spotify-- Hardly any repeats-- Hardly any . . . .

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I have something like that, @pgorbas.  Great idea!  I will describe what I play.

I have two periodically refreshing playlists each with over 3K tracks called

* AllOfSpotify_Queue  and

* Songs_Radio

These two periodically refreshing playlists combine and randomize many friends' collaborative playlists-- with hardly any repeats-- I use  last.fm  to identify how to eliminate what I don't want to hear.

AllOfSpotify_Queue contains even really far-out classical composers that I am just learning-- like Gloria Coates and Per Norgard-- And the Songs_Radio  contains all of the wonderful songs-- including jazz and blues and rock that make for fun dancing and dancing and inventive partner dancing under the stars from a mobile phone with whatever speakers are available.

I just copy these two playlists to my own Copy of each and play the desired playlist from the top-- with the Spotify "Shuffle" turned off-- to avoid repeats-- (I laugh.)

I have gotten only 14 tracks that have played twice in the last 5K tracks played-- And no track has played more than twice in the last 5K tracks-- All of Spotify-- except . . . .

Perhaps I just don't know how to properly search for your stations, but if I simply paste one of your station names into my search box I get no results??  Please see attached screen shot.

spotSearch.JPG
Marked as solution

Thanks for your questions!

For your convenience, I moved those two playlists to be the first two in my Public playlists at  https://open.spotify.com/user/rednblu .  Does Spotify let you see them?

These two playlists are periodically updated automatically to keep at least 200 hours of music in them-- The way that I use them is as follows.

* I copy those two playlists to my own Copies-- and I delete from the top as I play these radios-- I find the location of the currently playing track by clicking on the lower left of the Album art of the playing track in the lower left of the screen-- The currently playing track displays in green in the playlist-- And periodically I delete from above the playing track to the top of the playlist-- so that I can reStart playing that "radio"-- from where I stopped-- just by restarting the straight through play on that playlist from the top-- Does that make sense?

* And when there are about 100 tracks left in my Copy, I delete the remaining tracks-- and I recopy the whole of either

AllOfSpotify_Queue  or  
Songs_Radio.

to the appropriate "Radio playlist" from which I play straight through-- with the Spotify "Shuffle" turned off, as before.  The tracks have been already shuffled so that there are only intentional repeats on VanMorrison and TheBottle and ThisWoman'sWork. and . . . .

Any ideas?

Thanks and joyful listening to All of Spotify-- Hardly any repeats-- Hardly any . . . .

Thanks, by opening your web link I was able to "folow" your stations, and then they appeared in my Spotify desktop client.

Sure seams like a lot of work.  IMHO it should be as simple as clicking "New Station" then select "Rap" with a modifer of "NO" next to it.

Suggested posts