Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Family

Get help verifying your Premium for Family.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Can't Use 2 Devices Simultaneously??

Hello,I recently upgraded to Premium so I could share Spotify with my mom. But if I'm listening to mine, she can't listen to hers, and vice versa. She was at work listening to her playlist, and I was at home searching songs, but I could HEAR what SHE...

• Casual Listener
  • JillianWilkie
  • Regular
  • 32 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Two accounts one email address

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 6s)Operating System I got the family premium plan. When I logged in I couldn’t remember my laptops free version password so I logged in with my same email address and my phone number.NowIf I sign in with my email...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 6s) Operating System   I got the family premium plan. When I logged in I couldn’t remember my laptops free version password so I logged i...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Connect] between two Family accounts (*not* same device)

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePC, Macbook ProOperating SystemWindows 10, OS X My Question or Issue Bug reproduction steps:1) Connect both machines to the same WiFi network2) Log into Family account 1 on Macbook3) Log into Family account 2 on PC4) On Macb...

• Casual Listener
  • ...etwork 2) Log into Family account 1 on Macbook 3) Log into Family account 2 on PC 4) On Macbook, try to find PC in spotify connect devices menu   Problem: PC is not present in the menu E...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution family plan different countries for months

I live with my sister in Colombia, but for work, I have to be in India for 9 months, can I still use the family account?PlanFamilyCountryColombia

• I live with my sister in Colombia, but for work, I have to be in India for 9 months, can I still use the family account? Plan Family Country Colombia   
  • Xenia
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Alexa as a separate family memeber

Hi,I recently upgrade my Spotify account to 'Premium for Family'.Mainly, so I'll be able to listen to my music on my office computer while Amazon Echo at the kitchen or my wife at the car can listen to whatever they like. So , I managed to put separa...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I recently upgrade my Spotify account to 'Premium for Family'. Mainly, so I'll be able to listen to my music on my office computer while Amazon Echo at the kitchen or my wife at the car can l...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution My address is unknown for family account

Plan Premium Country Germany Device Browser My Question or Issue I payed a family premium account and was about to do the second step and enter my address there, but the input form does not accept my address and tells, that the address is unkown. Its...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Browser   My Question or Issue I payed a family premium account and was about to do the second step and enter my address there, but the i...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Family issue

My Question or Issue I just changed my premium plan to family because I was fed up of sharing playlist with my kids So I changed it and invite by messenger all my family. They receive the message of invite but when they click on the invite link, they...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue   I just changed my premium plan to family because I was fed up of sharing playlist with my kids 🙂 So I changed it and invite by messenger all my family. They receive t...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I have Premium for Family, but only they administrator can see the lyrics.

PlanFamilyPFamily CountryColombiaDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI have Premium for Family, but only they administrator can see the lyrics, others me...

• Plan FamilyPFamily  Country Colombia Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or I...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Can't add more members to family plan

I have this same issue. I follow the link you gave, which is the same as the Help give. I get this screen. I am a Premium member. Just want to add my wife and son. What should I be seeing? Thank you,

_azxgh-gy9e5a_0-1597070591260.png
  • I have this same issue.  I follow the link you gave, which is the same as the Help give.  I get this screen. I am a Premium member.  Just want to add my wife and son.  What should...
  • Joel-M
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution About Family features

PlanTrial PremiumCountryUkraineDeviceHuawei Nova 3iOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueIm planning to switch my plan to Family for me and my friends. But, as i readed in its info, we need to live together. And there's 1 question: we need to...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Trial Premium Country Ukraine Device Huawei Nova 3i Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Im planning to switch my plan to Family for me and my friends. But, a...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Kids: Limitation of Albums of one Interpret

PlanPremium FamilyCountryGermany DeviceMotorola G7Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI found that for an interpret "Die Drei ??? Kids" there are only about 6 albums available if my Kid is logging in via "Spotify Kids". But in my regular a...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Family Country Germany   Device Motorola G7 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I found that for an interpret "Die Drei ??? Kids" there are only a...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Son moving to boarding school - will he loose access to family account?

PlanPremium familyCountryDenmarkDevice(iPhone / computer)Operating System(iOS 10, Windows 10) My Question or IssueHi Spotify. We have a Spotify premium family plan. As of this school year my oldest son (16 years old) is moving to a boarding school, a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium family Country Denmark Device (iPhone / computer) Operating System (iOS 10, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Hi Spotify. We have a Spotify premium family plan. As of t...
  • YulTheWizard
  • Composer
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Switching from Premium Family (as Subsription Manager) to another Family account as a normal member

I'm currently the only member of the Premium Family subscription I manage myself. My ex left and now my new roommate moved in and started a Premium Family subscription of her own. I would like to join it but it does not seem to work. I click on the i...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm currently the only member of the Premium Family subscription I manage myself. My ex left and now my new roommate moved in and started a Premium Family subscription of her own. I would like to j...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lost all my music and playlists

HeyI went from a "premium" account to a "family for premium", and in the transition all my music and playlists were lost. My profile was completely empty. Country:Norway DeviceSamsung S10Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Hey I went from a "premium" account to a "family for premium", and in the transition all my music and playlists were lost. My profile was completely empty.   Country: Norway   D...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium Family - dont see any empty slots

HI, I followed the help instructions and got to the family page. It says I can have 6 family members but I do not see the link button to invite more family members. I invited my kids, but need to add my wife ! PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Sams...

• Casual Listener
  • HI, I followed the help instructions and got to the family page.  It says I can have 6 family members but I do not see the link button to invite more family members.  I invited my kids, b...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Family member wont get the premuim account

PlanPremium familyCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceSamsung s20Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI have added my sister too the family account. And she shows up on the list of registered accounts. But when she opens the app she still gets commerc...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium family Country The Netherlands Device Samsung s20 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I have added my sister too the family account. And she shows u...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Split from Family Account

PlanFamilyCountryUSA My Question or IssueThe owner of the family account is moving and I'd like to preserve my lists and start my own account. What do I need to do?

• Visitor
  • Plan Family Country USA   My Question or Issue The owner of the family account is moving and I'd like to preserve my lists and start my own account. What do I need to do?  
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How Does Family Premium Work

Hey guys,I'm considering switching over from my student membership over to the family premium membership. I was just curious as how how this works. For example, does this require 6 separate accounts on spotify, or does everyone on the family premium ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, I'm considering switching over from my student membership over to the family premium membership.   I was just curious as how how this works. For example, does this require 6 s...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add my daughter to my Family plan

Hi, I have been trying to add one of the kids to the family plan and I'm about ready to throw my phone through the wall. She has her own premium account. She has her own email. I have a family plan. there are 4 of us on the plan already. When I log i...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I have been trying to add one of the kids to the family plan and I'm about ready to throw my phone through the wall. She has her own premium account.  She has her own email.  I have a family...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Is there a way to pass the ownership of a playlist to other account?

My Question or IssueI have many playlist created when we had one account as a family and my library is a mess! Can I transfer them to their real owners? or there’s a way for them to copy the playlist and conserve it even if I delete them? Help please...

• Regular
  •     My Question or Issue I have many playlist created when we had one account as a family and my library is a mess! Can I transfer them to their real owners? 🤔 or there’s a way for t...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes