Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Premium Family

Get help verifying your Premium for Family.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Can't Use 2 Devices Simultaneously??

Hello,I recently upgraded to Premium so I could share Spotify with my mom. But if I'm listening to mine, she can't listen to hers, and vice versa. She was at work listening to her playlist, and I was at home searching songs, but I could HEAR what SHE...

• Casual Listener
  • JillianWilkie
  • Regular
  • 32 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 9 likes

Superuser Contribution Why did I get an Ad in the Joe Rogan Dave Chappelle podcast!

PlanPremium My Question or IssueI didn't pay for premium so you could interrupt my listening with an ad. Pretty annoying Spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issue I didn't pay for premium so you could interrupt my listening with an ad. Pretty annoying Spotify.
  • samaz11
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The explicit filter is terrible

Plan: Premium FamilyCountry: USADevice: Any I've enabled the explicit content filter on several of my kids' accounts (part of our family plan). However, this filter seemingly does nothing other than prevent them from playing a song already categorize...

-v4m_7pa12ewj_0-1617211410025.png -v4m_7pa12ewj_1-1617211420513.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Family Country: USA Device: Any   I've enabled the explicit content filter on several of my kids' accounts (part of our family plan). However, this filter seemingly does n...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

impossible to add family member

This is such a pain. I've always had trouble adding family members to my account. It n ever works, spotify has the worst premium system ever. Ok so now, I moved from france to georgia. My niece lives with me, I send an invite, she puts my french adre...

• This is such a pain. I've always had trouble adding family members to my account. It n ever works, spotify has the worst premium system ever.  Ok so now, I moved from france to georgia. My n...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium for Family Membership - 'Spotify is playing on another device' message

PlanPremium FamilyCountryIrelandDeviceAndroid phones, Google home mini's, PCOperating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 10My Question or IssueA common question on these threads. The issue is with Premium for Family: If I am listening to my account on my PC...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country Ireland Device Android phones, Google home mini's, PC Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10 My Question or Issue A common question on these threads. The i...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Family plan - Incorrect address

I just received an e-mail saying "Spotify joined you on Premium Family". I checked the Premium Family tab in the account profile, and apart from one of my daughters being listed twice, the list under "People on this plan" appears to be correct (there...

• Visitor
  • I just received an e-mail saying "Spotify joined you on Premium Family".  I checked the Premium Family tab in the account profile, and apart from one of my daughters being listed twice, the l...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Billing of accounts moving from premium to family premium

I just upgraded my free account to family premium. I also added my husband and two children to the family account.They already have individual premium account separately.Will their charging stop automatically?

• Casual Listener
  • I just upgraded my free account to family premium. I also added my husband and two children to the family account. They already have individual premium account separately. Will their charging s...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Add a former member to a Premium for Family Plan

Plan PREMIUMFree/PremiumCountry ECUADOR Device SAMSUNG A20(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System ANDROID(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Good morning, I am from Ecuador. I have a family plan wh...

• Visitor
  • ...)   My Question or Issue   Good morning,   I am from Ecuador. I have a family plan where my parents, my 2 brothers and I are. My dad mistakenly deleted the Spotify app and now he h...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Family Plan - Credit Card Payment

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceFirefox 88.0 (64-bit)Operating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueThere's no option for credit card payment when I choose Family plan, although it is shown when I choose individual plan instead.Any advice?Sincer...

• Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Firefox 88.0 (64-bit) Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue There's no option for credit card payment when I choose Family p...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can I join a new Spotify Family when I went from Free to Family around 8 months ago?

My roommate had a Spotify Family account and I joined it a couple months back (I never had Premium before), but it has run out recently and they do not intend to extend it.However, my sister decided to go Premium as well and asked if she should purch...

• Casual Listener
  • My roommate had a Spotify Family account and I joined it a couple months back (I never had Premium before), but it has run out recently and they do not intend to extend it. However, my sister d...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Family Mix shows incorrectly info about artists that I've listened to

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPhone11Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueFamily Mix shows incorrectly info about artists that I've listened to. There are about 10-15 artists that I know for sure that I've listened to, but Spotify shows "Listened...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device iPhone11 Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue Family Mix shows incorrectly info about artists that I've listened to. There are about 1...
  • Eni
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Why are users in the UK paying nearly $8 more a month for the same service as the US?

My Question or IssueI'm tired of being ripped off because I live in the UK. How can you possibly justify charging £16.99 for the family service in the UK and only $16 in the US? The UK price is approximately $23.60 which is nearly $8 more a month or ...

• Regular
  •   My Question or Issue I'm tired of being ripped off because I live in the UK. How can you possibly justify charging £16.99 for the family service in the UK and only $16 in the US? The UK p...
  • Robert_W
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't listen on two devices at the same time on Premium Family

Hi,I have a Spotify Family Premium subscription which has 5 accounts attached to it. We are UK based and have android phone devices largely to play music although I use my desktop too. My son has one of these accounts and uses a Google Nest in his be...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I have a Spotify Family Premium subscription which has 5 accounts attached to it.  We are UK based and have android phone devices largely to play music although I use my desktop too.&n...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Rejoin Spotify Family

PlanFreeCountryIndonesiaDeviceAsus ROG ZephyrusOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have been using the Spotify family for a long time. The problem that I get right now is that I can't rejoin the family account. The website says "You can'...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Indonesia Device Asus ROG Zephyrus Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have been using the Spotify family for a long time. The problem that I get r...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Joining a different family plan

PlanPremium familyCountryCanadaDevice(iPhone XR, Desktop)Operating System(iOS 10, Windows 10) My Question or IssueI have recently joined a different family plan and I have forgotten to leave the old family plan. I do not have contact with the old man...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium family Country Canada Device (iPhone XR, Desktop) Operating System (iOS 10, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I have recently joined a different family plan and I...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify premium family Price change

Plan/PremiumCountryUnited States Device(iPhone 11Operating System(iOS 10 My Question or IssueHello,i just received an email that prices for Spotify premium family plans will be increasing from $15/m to $16/m which I find to be sort of ridiculous. Wha...

• Visitor
  • Plan /Premium Country United States  Device (iPhone 11 Operating System (iOS 10   My Question or Issue Hello, i just received an email that prices for Spotify premium family p...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! I'm not eligible to switch to Spotify Family

Question: How can I switch to Family, without losing my playlists? I have a Premium account via my mobile provider. When I want to switch to Spotify Family, I get this message: Because you received Spotify Premium through one of our partners, you are...

• Casual Listener
  • Question: How can I  switch to Family, without losing my playlists?   I have a Premium account via my mobile provider. When I want to switch to Spotify Family, I get this m...
  • AdamDamon
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

All devices on Spotify connect grayed out

I have Spotify premium. I am in the United States. I have just noticed that all of my devices on Spotify connect are grayed out. This just happened recently. Is anyone else having the same problem? The problem occurs whether I am using my windows 10 ...

• Roadie
  • I have Spotify premium. I am in the United States. I have just noticed that all of my devices on Spotify connect are grayed out. This just happened recently. Is anyone else having the same problem? T...
  • Edelbeb
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

premium to premium for family

My Question or IssueI currently have a Premium suscprition. I'll be joining an Famliy suscription shortly. What will happen tot my playlists, favourites etc when I join the Family suscription?

•     My Question or Issue I currently have a Premium suscprition. I'll be joining an Famliy suscription shortly. What will happen tot my playlists, favourites etc when I join the Family suscription?
  • AdamDamon
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Using Spotify on Sonos and another device simultaneously with Premium Family Plan

Premium Family PlanUSA DevicesSonos, iPhone, iPad, Google Pixel My Question or IssueWe have the Premium Family Plan and use Sonos at home. When we stream Spotify on our Sonos system, I am unable to stream to my phone or otherwise at the same time. I ...

• Premium Family Plan USA   Devices Sonos, iPhone, iPad, Google Pixel   My Question or Issue We have the Premium Family Plan and use Sonos at home. When we stream Spotify on our S...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't share Playlists with a Spotify Kids Account

PlanSpotify FamilyCountryGermanyDevicesamsung galaxy tab a7Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Hi all i signed up for Spotify Family in Dezember.I did this because there should be a function where i can share playlists from my acc...

• Regular
  • Plan Spotify Family Country Germany Device samsung galaxy tab a7 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   Hi all   i signed up for Spotify Family in D...
  • Eni
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium for Family
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes