Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• liampronan
  • Casual Listener
  • 112 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 112 replies
  • 18 likes

The /v1/me/playlists endpoint randomly returns 404

Anyone from the Spotify team here? The /v1/me/playlists endpoint has been randomly returning 404 errors for a few days now. Please see the attached screenshot.

• Music Fan
  • Anyone from the Spotify team here?   The /v1/me/playlists endpoint has been randomly returning 404 errors for a few days now.   Please see the attached screenshot.  
  • timocov
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Podcast API to submit automatically

Hello, Does Spotify have or plan to have a podcast show publishing API? Automatically like others platforms. Thanks, Best,

• Hello,   Does Spotify have or plan to have a podcast show publishing API? Automatically like others platforms.   Thanks,   Best,
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    feed
    podcast
    submit
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Publishing Web API data in academic papers

We are a group of students who wrote an academic paper for a project in our bachelor's degree program. It uses data from the Spotify Web API to attempt to classify songs into musical genres based on audio features.The dataset is only comprised of dat...

• We are a group of students who wrote an academic paper for a project in our bachelor's degree program. It uses data from the Spotify Web API to attempt to classify songs into musical genres based on ...
  • alvaron
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

TypeError: Cannot add negative msPlayed value

Im bring to use the web api to play songs (one by one - not playlist)and I get the following at the html. [Error] TypeError: Cannot add negative msPlayed value: -9(anonymous function) (index.js:18:264819)(anonymous function) (index.js:18:259217)(anon...

• Casual Listener
  • Im bring to use the web api to play songs (one by one - not playlist) and I get the following at the html.   [Error] TypeError: Cannot add negative msPlayed value: -9 (anonymous function) (...
  • jfost784
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web SDK
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Get a report when an API endpoint returns nothing and no error

Hi,Yesterday the endpoint to get recently played tracks did not return any data and did not give any error. Is there a way get notified when there's a problem with an endpoint? The official status Twitter feed mentioned nothing about this. Thanks, Pe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Yesterday the endpoint to get recently played tracks did not return any data and did not give any error.   Is there a way get notified when there's a problem with an endpoint? The offic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • endpoint
    error reporting
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My me/player/recently-played endpoint has not updated since last night

The response from https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/recently-played endpoint hasn't been updated for me since last night even though I've played multiple tracks tonight. https://status.spotify.dev is showing all clear… Any ideas? Maybe a DST relat...

• Regular
  • The response from https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/recently-played endpoint hasn't been updated for me since last night even though I've played multiple tracks tonight. https://status.s...
  • TriPete
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

open.spotify.com is unresponsive and unreactive

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevice(Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB RAM, 300Mbps download speed)Operating System(Windows 11) My Question or IssueThe open.spotify.com interface doesn't use loaders or check success or failure for events such as: adding to queue, shuffl...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device (Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB RAM, 300Mbps download speed) Operating System (Windows 11)   My Question or Issue The open.spotify.com interface doesn't use loa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a way to submit for Spotify's Dev Showcase?

The subject line sums it up. If there's not a way to submit, is there a forum within the Spotify community we could share things we've developed using Spotify's API? The closest forum I'd assume would be "Discussion & Promo", but one community guidel...

• Regular
  • The subject line sums it up. If there's not a way to submit, is there a forum within the Spotify community we could share things we've developed using Spotify's API?   The closest forum I'd as...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

HTTP/2 for Spotify Embed Widgets

Hi,When running the PageSpeed Insights[1] for my blog which I use Spotify Embed Widgets[2] to share music I am getting performance hits due to the JavaScript files used for the Widgets being served over HTTP/1.1 instead of HTTP/2[3]. The images also ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, When running the PageSpeed Insights[1] for my blog which I use Spotify Embed Widgets[2] to share music I am getting performance hits due to the JavaScript files used for the Widgets being served...
  • heatmanofurioso
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • performance
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

https://api.spotify.com/v1/playlists endpoint for algotorial playlist pool

Hi Spotify team and community, I was wondering whether it is possible to query the record pool that is behind semi-curated-algotorial, also called algotorial, playlists such as Easy On Sunday. Currently, the https://api.spotify.com/v1/playlists endpo...

• Hi Spotify team and community,   I was wondering whether it is possible to query the record pool that is behind semi-curated-algotorial, also called algotorial, playlists such as Easy On Sunda...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Algorithmic
    Algotorial
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Set the Same Sound Level for All Tracks in Web Playback SDK

Hi allI have problems with the WebPlayback SDK and the different volumes on different tracks. Is there also a function like "Set the Same Sound Level for All Tracks" for the WebPlayback SDK as with the Spotify player e.g. on Windows or Android? Or ca...

• Regular
  • Hi all I have problems with the WebPlayback SDK and the different volumes on different tracks. Is there also a function like "Set the Same Sound Level for All Tracks" for the WebPlayback SDK as with...
  • linux4u
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • volume
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Would software that automatically skips part of Spotify songs be allowed?

Would software that automatically skips part of Spotify songs be allowed?Say, for example, that I want a specific part of a Spotify song to be skipped every time it comes on.Would software that does this for me be allowed by the Spotify developer ter...

• Regular
  • Would software that automatically skips part of Spotify songs be allowed? Say, for example, that I want a specific part of a Spotify song to be skipped every time it comes on. Would software that d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Getting a 502 bad gateway when trying to read /me/tracks

PlanPremiumCountryBelarus DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Description:I have about 135,000 saved tracks in my library and I can't get a list of them.Everything worked until there were not many saved tracks.I can see the list o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Belarus   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Description: I have about 135,000 saved tracks in my library and I can't get ...
  • scottonspot
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • saved
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

My API Wrapper was reported for infringing on Spotify's IP. Don't know who to contact!

I'm unsure who to contact in this case, but I wrote an object-oriented Spotify API wrapper a couple of years ago and put it open source on NPM. https://www.npmjs.com/package/enhanced-spotify-api I made a website for the documentation and was hosting ...

• I'm unsure who to contact in this case, but I wrote an object-oriented Spotify API wrapper a couple of years ago and put it open source on NPM.    https://www.npmjs.com/package/enhanced-s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
    api wrapper
    copyright
    legal
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Login issue with iOS SDK

Hey folks, I'm having an issue implementing the iOS Spotify SDK, my objective is to get the user’s spotifyAccessToken and spotifyRefreshToken, as it is now is partially working, if the user log in using the web browser everything works well, but when...

• Hey folks, I'm having an issue implementing the iOS Spotify SDK, my objective is to get the user’s spotifyAccessToken and spotifyRefreshToken, as it is now is partially working, if the user log in us...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Login
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution preview_url doesn't give an url anymore

Hello, I'm writing an app (at the moment is just sperimental) which uses the preview_url given by this API endpoint https://api.spotify.com/v1/tracks/This is my workflow, summed up in a few line: 1. Creating my client creds using Client_Id and Client...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm writing an app (at the moment is just sperimental) which uses the preview_url given by this API endpoint   https://api.spotify.com/v1/tracks/ This is my workflow, summed up in a ...
  • michelleyin
  • 20 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How to access "mood" labels of tracks?

I have a question regarding the Spotify API: Is it possible to access the "mood" label of a song? On Spotify's Liked Songs, you can sort a song by different labels that range from genre like "pop" or "r&b" to things like "nostalgia" or "chill" or "lo...

•   I have a question regarding the Spotify API: Is it possible to access the "mood" label of a song? On Spotify's Liked Songs, you can sort a song by different labels that range from genre like ...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Acousticness and Instrumentalness fooled by Harpsichord

I'm receiving weird values for acousticness and instrumentalness for harpsichord recordings. The two harpsichord tracks : Trevor Pinnock Luc BeauséjourFrom the API:AcousticnessA confidence measure from 0.0 to 1.0 of whether the track is acoustic. 1.0...

noahw4iei_0-1645965100850.png noahw4iei_1-1645965100850.png
  • I'm receiving weird values for acousticness and instrumentalness for harpsichord recordings.   The two harpsichord tracks :  Trevor Pinnock  Luc Beauséjour From the API: Acoustic...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • acousticness
    Discussion
    instrumentalness
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes