Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone, PC

Operating System

iOS, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When going to https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/ to redeem my google home mini, after being a premium subscriber for years, I am greeted with "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment." 

I notice this seems to be an ongoing issue for US customers and also can't help but notice I never received an email advertising this promotion.  This seems like a huge attempt to grab new customers while shafting your existing ones pretending like it's an error or bug when it is simply just not part of your plan to accomodate existing customers.  Please provide a solution and not just links to the same redeem pages over and over which seemed to be all that was done for US customers.  

385 Replies

I am still not received by email. Do you have the email to contact the support team thanks ! I'm starting to have doubts about the promotion...

Where is the solution for our problems?

I registered for premium and I still have the same issue saying that I am not able to redeem at the moment. I even tried to access at 3am, but got no lucky at all.

Where is Spotify? The chat only keep saying that I should try it latter.

I think that you MIGHT have to wait until the Trial Period is over, it's two weeks I believe  

Hi Spotify Team,

I am getting below error message when trying to redeem the offer. I will appriciate if you can share any realistic timelines till we need to wait. Users should be notified in advanse while they subscribe that there is high deamand and by this time you will not be able to redeem the offer.

We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment.

[snip - Community Moderator edit]

Yes Got that after I tried to go back to the page but initially it said my google mini was reserved.

I have this issue as well, all my friends got their Google home mini email pretty much instantly and I did not get the email when I paid the full subscription and it says the same thing for me when I go to the redeem link.

hey there thanks for the reply katerina,
just curious as to why i'm seeing some people who have switched to the premium service from another tier recieve their emails or ordering options right away while others who were subscribed to premium initially haven't? 
also curious as to what we should be looking for in said email (to avoid scams)  and the address to add to the safe list please? 

I'm not on my trial period. I have the premium Spotify account

I have only ever been a premium member,

I was not active for 2 years.

I beame active because of the promotion.

I have never had a trial account.

I tried two different browsers as one blog suggested.

Nothing works. However, I literally watched my coworker do it so it isnt an IP address or location issue.

My region and language settings are correct.

F I hope someone from Spotify is readiing this garbage. I am really annoyed, no response from customer service - they have dropped the ball. You think this is a way to get more customers but not with this type of service.

Same here.. 

i don't think i am on trail. i have been using Spotify FREE for few years. i saw this google mini free promotion and i decide to buy the Premium. Once i finish the payment. there a link call 'get google mini' But it end up "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment."

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone 6)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

So I got my email to redeem my mini, I follow all of the steps, and when I'm at the google page that it takes me to I'm told to pick a colour. However, it won't let me and there is nothing I can do from that page. Can someone please tell me what is happening?? 

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Android, PC

Operating System

Android 8.0 Oreo, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I match all of the requirements for the offer, I live in Canada, I pay 9.99 a month for premium. Every time I press the button to claim the offer, it just says this! 

I don't remember "already registering". And then after, if I press check availability, it just says this. Kinda mad at this, I was really excited about this offer. Not sure why this happened.

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone 6s, ASUS)

Operating System

(iOS, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I already have premium for myself, but how come when I try to redeem the Home Mini, the page redirects me to the same page where I would purchase premium?

I think they are out of stock right now and once they will restock, they will start sending emails again.

I am having the same issue, they should not post such offer if they are not able to cover the customers. I am frustrated.

Capture.JPG

I entered my code on the back of the Spotify gift cardon spotify.com/redeem. Now it’s doesnt work!! I cannot get Spotify premium even though I just put in my code and accepted it! 

What do I do?? 

thats becaus it doesnt work with the family plan

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

I was hoping to get my hands on a charcoal Google Home mini with the premium offer but it says on the site that its out of stock and it'll be "coming soon". Does anyone know if it'll restock?

In the UK the offer is only on the family plan. 

Suggested posts