Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing countries on Spotify is staggeringly unintuitive

Changing countries on Spotify is staggeringly unintuitive

So Spotify just launched in my country, which is amazing!

BUT, I logged in with Facebook.

Spotify assumed that I live in France.

I used to live in France, but my current town has since been updated (back in 2014 already) to a town in my home country.

I have tried to change my country by updating my credit card information, after starting a 7-day trial, BUT my payment details don't match my account's country (France), so Spotify won't accept my money, they will rather tell me I cannot register.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

No, I don't want to delete my account.

Yes, there has to be a better way.

Please help, I want to give my monies to Spotify but they won't let me :'(

2 Replies

Same problem - in Thailand for an extended period has been a year already and is extended; but my credit card is and always will be in my native country.

Had to use the cellphone option, hence an extra fee and no free trial for premium  - thus I have been turned off at this point to the idea of renewing in the future.

I went to contact us and ended up in a cycle until I found this post.

Spotify just launched in South Africa.  I am currently subscribed using my US credit card but have recently moved to SA.  I want to change to SA using my SA credit card details.

I am having a similar problem.  Attempting to change from USA to South Africa.  I go to subscriptions, update payment details, enter my SA credit card details and get an error message.  According to all the help pages at this stage I should be asked whether I want to change my country.  I get a non-descript error message.

'Something went wrong. Try again, or get help.'

Suggested posts