Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I Want to Cancel my Old Account but It's Linked to a Now Deleted Facebook Account

Solved!

I Want to Cancel my Old Account but It's Linked to a Now Deleted Facebook Account

Plan

Free and Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 6S 

My Question or Issue

When I first downloaded Spotify I was still in high school. I linked it to my old Facebook account and my old email account. I lost access to my old email (I can't remember the password since I haven't logged in for 5 years. Gmail won't let me recover it). I deleted my old Facebook account last year and since then my Spotify Premium account username changed to a bunch of random numbers. It won't allow me to cancel my subscription nor can I log into the account on my computer due to the fact that it was linked to my now deleted Facebook. 

I have created a new account linked to my current email. I just want to make my new account premium and delete my old account. But it won't give me the option of deleting it. I don't want to upgrade to premium on my new account until I know I won't be charged for my old account. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @arijac091097

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here.

About your problem, I'm adding some articles that can help you to solve your problem on your own. But if for any reason you can't, I suggest that you be in touch with Spotify team directly here, because your problem envolve Premium account troubleshooting.

How to close your account

It’s only possible to close an account if it’s on our free, ad-supported service. If you have Premium, you first need to cancel.

1. Log in to close your account here.
    Note: Be sure to cancel any subscriptions first.
  2. Select Account and login help.
  3. Select I want to close my account permanently.
  4. Continue through the steps.

And, as I said, if for any reason you can't solve your problem on your own, be in touch with Spotify team here.

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey, @arijac091097

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here.

About your problem, I'm adding some articles that can help you to solve your problem on your own. But if for any reason you can't, I suggest that you be in touch with Spotify team directly here, because your problem envolve Premium account troubleshooting.

How to close your account

It’s only possible to close an account if it’s on our free, ad-supported service. If you have Premium, you first need to cancel.

1. Log in to close your account here.
    Note: Be sure to cancel any subscriptions first.
  2. Select Account and login help.
  3. Select I want to close my account permanently.
  4. Continue through the steps.

And, as I said, if for any reason you can't solve your problem on your own, be in touch with Spotify team here.

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts