Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need Help!

Need Help!

I am being charged for my free account. I was up till recently a premium member. I had to change my password and in this process it has made me a free member.

I have tried all the run around with sign out and sign in. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Please if someone knows how I can stop payments help me.

Thank you!

6 Replies

Hey @Gingerama.

Thanks for reaching out 🙂 

To confirm, you’re saying that you cannot use your Premium features after you have paid? 

Let me know! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, 

to clarify, you have a premium account but when you change your password your account suddenly become free but still your getting charged? 

Please let us know so we can help you 🙂 

But in advance, log in your spotify account in browser, 

1. Go to the subscription page. (Note: If you don’t know your password, go here to reset it.)
  2. Under Subscription and payment, click cancel your subscription.

Yes. I am a premium member, however once I changed my password I became a
free member. Lost all my playlists as well.

If your subscription status says you’re on Spotify Free, it’s likely you have another account that's active on Premium. This guide will help you find and cancel it. Otherwise, you might have subscribed with one of our payment partners (such as iTunes, or your broadband or mobile provider). In this case, you need to contact that company to cancel.

If you receive a charge after cancelling, here are a few possible reasons why:

• If you cancel around your usual billing date, it’s possible your next payment was already processed. You shouldn’t receive any further charges.
    Tip: Check your subscription statusto check that the cancelation was successful and when your Premium will expire.

I have only used the one account. I never canceled my subscription ever! I
have tried all the run around methods that Spotify gives you however non of
them help me with my situation. I have even tried calling them on the
number very well hidden and it just brings you to a voice message stating
to go to there website. I am at the point to where I am debating on
canceling my bank account that way I'm not charged again next month.

Hey @Gingerama.

Thanks for clarification 🙂 

Can you make sure that you are connected to the right account? If you need help finding your account, you can follow this guide.

If you have paid and are still on Free, it is a live issue. In that case, you can check out this thread for more updates and the next steps to take.

I hope this helps If you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts