Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Duo Not Working

Premium Duo Not Working

I just changed my subscription from Premium to Premium Duo. I sent my partner who switched from Premium to Premium Duo as well the invitation link and it keeps giving us the error message in the picture attached below.

I have followed the instructions and I even used their link, however, we keep getting the same error message. We have been trying since yesterday lol.

Please advise!

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 12.09.36 PM.png
Top Answer
Novy

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community 🙂

If you or any of your family members are having issues joining a Premium Duo plan, we'd recommend the following:

• Make sure that both accounts are located in the same country.
  • Make sure to be on the free service or regular Premium before attempting to join a plan. If the user you're trying to invite is a Duo or Family plan owner, they will have issues joining another plan.
  • Try joining from an incognito window or a different device.

If none of these work, you can reach out to our Support team here and they'll be happy to assist further by checking the affected account to see what might be happening. 

Don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up. 

Cheers.

33 Replies

Hi again @Hallgrimhaugnes,

Thanks for that screenshot.

It looks like the user trying to join your plan is already subscribed to their own plan. In that case, they must cancel their current subscription first and once their account is reverted to free, they'll be able to accept your invite and join your plan.

They can check the status of their subscription by following these steps.

Let us know if you have any questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

She has her own plan. I have cancelled mine. Tried to accept an invite from
her account. Tried different networks and devices. Logged in and out
several times. Still get the same error message.

Hey @Hallgrimhaugnes,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Note that if you had a Premium subscription running for you're account you must wait for the account to revert to free before you can join another plan. If afterwards you're still experiencing the issue, could you send us screenshots of both your accounts overview page? Just make sure to hide any private/sensitive info.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

same issue for me an my spouse

not able to join using her iPhone, using Safari in normal and private mode

she has no Spotify Premium account and leave at the exact same address (number, street, address and country :-))

and she gets the message in French "Vous devez habiter à la même adresse"

What shall we do ?

Hey @morse75,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

It sounds like you might be experiencing this issue. We'd suggest you try the steps mentioned in the Status Update to check if there are any changes.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

I have found the solution, this is quite stupid: you have to change the country defined in the profile and set the same than the country where we live.

Apparently Spotify has been developed by people who are not expats...

maybe you should explain better explain instead of  sharing a link to a chain of posts. Like doing a procedure with some screenshots explaining to people what to do?

I don't have time to browse through all the posts but i found the solution myself 🙂

This is not helping. Tried all these steps. Getting really sick of Spotify. Nobody is really helping. You just send a link to an older problem and that doesn't work.

Can you help me :)?

Hey @1188756292

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if you're trying to invite someone to your Premium Duo plan or you're trying to accept an invite?

Additionally, would you mind sending us a screenshot of the error message you're getting? Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community 🙂

If you or any of your family members are having issues joining a Premium Duo plan, we'd recommend the following:

• Make sure that both accounts are located in the same country.
  • Make sure to be on the free service or regular Premium before attempting to join a plan. If the user you're trying to invite is a Duo or Family plan owner, they will have issues joining another plan.
  • Try joining from an incognito window or a different device.

If none of these work, you can reach out to our Support team here and they'll be happy to assist further by checking the affected account to see what might be happening. 

Don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi spotify, i am using family plan and i invited my brother ( new user ) he never installed before. I sent him a link and than the address always didnt match.. i already check the address ( confirm same ) but still didnt match.

IMG-20210928-WA0011.jpg

Hi spotify, i am using family plan and i invited my brother ( new user ) he never installed before. I sent him a link and than the address always didnt match.. i already check the address ( confirm same ) but still didnt match

IMG-20210928-WA0011.jpg

Hey @SeennZ,

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps mentioned by @Novy?

Let us know if the issue is still present after that.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts