Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium duo in Quebec

Premium duo in Quebec

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Canada (Québec)

My Question or Issue

I am trying to upgrade to a Premium Duo subscription, but I can't seem to find a way to do it. I live in Québec, so I believe the issue is that we cannot get an offer with a free month in it, but I can't seem to find a link to get a Duo subscription without the free month, so I keep getting a message telling me the selected plan is unavailable for me.

Is there a way I could get a direct link to upgrade from the free plan to Premium Duo?

17 Replies

Hi there @Famyca,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

Can you confirm if you can start a Premium Duo plan from this link?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have the same issues. Seems impossible to subscribe to premium (Individual, Duo, Family, etc). Looks like we're blocked by the free month offer. Doesn't work with the link you provided either.
That's super annoying.

No, it does not work with this link. 

I am given this message: "Sorry, you are not eligible for that plan. Here are some other ways to get Premium." As I have stated earlier, none of the aforementioned "other ways to get Premium" work either.

From what I have gathered, it is because all the options include at least a free month, and plans with free months aren't available in Québec. I do not mind not getting a free month, I still would like to upgrade to Premium Duo without it. It seems I would need a link to a version of the plan that foregoes that free month and starts billing as soon as I register.

I found a way to subscribe. If you go on your profile, you will have the option to upgrade to premium. You have to subscribe to Solo. Pay and subscribe. Then go back to your profile and click on changer le forfait and select Duo.

Hi again folks,

Thank you for your replies.

@Anton_Lam - It's really nice of you for sharing what worked for you 🙂

@Famyca - can you let us know if you followed the steps that @Anton_Lam provided?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It worked (but only on a browser, not from my cellphone). In the end, what I managed to do, is deduce what the URL link to a Duo plan would be based from the Solo plan URL I obtained using @Anton_Lam 's method. This means I wasn't required to get a Solo plan and then change it, I was able to go straight to a Duo plan. I haven't had the chance to use Spotify since to test it out, but my profile page tells me it worked.

This really ought to be changed, though... I'd wager you've barely got new Premium subscribers from Québec for a while because of the way the Premium plans are displayed (by that I mean completely new subscribers, as previous Premium subscribers aren't offered free trials, so I'm guessing they can access the plans displayed to them).

I found a link that worked for me in Quebec:

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/purchase/offer/duo/

I modified the original link: https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/purchase/offer/premium/

This way you can get duo, yes without the free trial, but in Quebec.

Hope this helps.

I don’t understand why won’t Spotify won’t make any effort to allow Quebec users to upgrade to Premium (or directly go Premium) more easily, whether solo, duo, family or student. Like some others on here, I managed awhile ago to obtain a link allowing me to join (solo) without the free trial, but that link should not be so hidden.

Like Famyca, I bet Spotify lost a whole lot of potential Premium Quebec subscribers for that reason. It doesn’t make any business and economic sense not to solve that issue. There should be a link on the Premium subscription page allowing one to bypass the free trial option. That said, I see that free trial option ends in Canada tomorrow, May 19, 2022, so that may temporarily solve the problem (until the free trial option is once more offered).

Thank you. Finally a solution that worked. You saved me much frustration with Spotify. 

As a citizen from Quebec, I can tell you that it worked and I am very grateful. Thank you so much!

I am in Quebec and I can confirm that the above solution just worked for me!

For the family account the link to use is https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/purchase/offer/premium-family/

Had to go through many trials to guess the right one.  Come on Spotify, why don't you make it easier for us? Merci pour rien, vraiment!

its all the draconian french laws, many business just say forget Quebec. one of the positives sides for me moving out of here. 

Can you please help me with the solution that worked for you? thanks in advance 🙂 

Hi,

The solution that worked for me is what the user Grapetopia posted above:

I found a link that worked for me in Quebec:

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/purchase/offer/duo/

I modified the original link: https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/purchase/offer/premium/

This way you can get duo, yes without the free trial, but in Quebec.

Thank you for this. It worked fine. Al last!

I finally found how to do a subscription in Quebec! You need to tchat with the customers service. They send me a link WITHOUT the 1 month trial!!! I was finally able to complete my premium subscription! 🙂

Suggested posts