Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

it says that my payment failed on the application but not the website

Solved!

it says that my payment failed on the application but not the website

Recently I redeemed an e-gift card for 6 months of premium and then I've been getting notifications on both the application for Windows and the android app that my payment failed. Please help.

2.PNG
1.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Welcome to the Spotify Community! 

If you’ve tried to redeem your Gift Card but it’s not working, let’s try a few things:

• Make sure you're entering the code correctly. For example: try 0 (zero) instead of O, and I instead of l (lower case L).
  • Check the code hasn’t already been redeemed. You can check this on your account page. You can also check to see if you have any other accounts you might have applied it to.  
  • Check the country registered to your account is the same as where the gift card was purchased. 
    Tip: Check out our guide to changing your country settings.
  • If you bought your gift card from a store, it might not have been activated when purchased. Please return to the store and ask them to activate it.
  • Codes are not redeemable for Premium for Family or in conjunction with other discounts and promotions.

Spotify can also take a look on their end to double check, if you let them know the PIN of the card and send it to them via the contact form

Let us know if this helps!

Juana, your humble Spotify fan!
♫ If music be the food of love, play on. ♫

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Welcome to the Spotify Community! 

If you’ve tried to redeem your Gift Card but it’s not working, let’s try a few things:

• Make sure you're entering the code correctly. For example: try 0 (zero) instead of O, and I instead of l (lower case L).
  • Check the code hasn’t already been redeemed. You can check this on your account page. You can also check to see if you have any other accounts you might have applied it to.  
  • Check the country registered to your account is the same as where the gift card was purchased. 
    Tip: Check out our guide to changing your country settings.
  • If you bought your gift card from a store, it might not have been activated when purchased. Please return to the store and ask them to activate it.
  • Codes are not redeemable for Premium for Family or in conjunction with other discounts and promotions.

Spotify can also take a look on their end to double check, if you let them know the PIN of the card and send it to them via the contact form

Let us know if this helps!

Juana, your humble Spotify fan!
♫ If music be the food of love, play on. ♫

Suggested posts