Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Google Pixel 3a

Operating System

Android 11 (RQ3A.211001.001)

My Question or Issue

Album artwork doesn't load when in the 'Your Library' section of Spotify. If I click on an album it takes a second to load the artwork. If I then exit to the 'Your Library' page, the album will stay temporarily loaded, but will disappear after a couple of days. See attached image.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, which fixes the problem for a day or so.

This issue makes it difficult for me to select which album I'd like to listen to.

Screenshot_20220503-223340.png
8 Replies

Hi there @kazucchini,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with the app.

This is most likely caused by corrupted cache, since the issue gets fixed temporarily when you reinstall the app. We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. This is a more throughout deletion of the app files. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data and cache is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

Also, make sure that Battery optimization is not enabled for Spotify from the system app settings, as well as that the app is granted all permissions. These settings could be hindering the performance of the app.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex, thanks for the advice.

I've performed a clean uninstall as recommended. At this stage everything appears to be working normally, but as mentioned this is typical.

I didn't have battery optimisation on so that doesn't seem to be the issue. The app hasn't requested any permissions so currently all are disallowed. I'm not sure if recall the Spotify app ever requesting permissions.

In any case, I'll reply if things go awry in the next few days. Thanks again for the reply.

Hey @kazucchini,

Thanks for the update.

We meant to check if Spotify is set as an exception in your device optimization settings, because sometimes Spotify needs extra permissions to run in the background (while the screen is locked or another app is in the foreground etc.). If this permission is not given, the Spotify app may not function or load properly. The path to those settings may vary between device brands and operating systems.

In your case it should be something along those lines.

Keep us posted if the issue resurfaces,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi Dian, thanks for the added clarification.

It appears that my phone is currently optimising Spotify for battery life. I will leave it as is for now, but if the problem arises again I will turn it off and see if there is any change, and report back here. Hopefully this will help any users with similar issues stumbling across this thread in future.

Thanks again.

Hello,

I followed all the advice given (uninstall and reinstall with deletion of files and cache, disallowing battery optimisation) but the issue still isn't going away so it seems to be a bug on Spotify's end. Is there anything else I can do? The issue is getting pretty annoying.

Thanks.

Hey @kazucchini,

Thanks for sharing the updates on your experience.

Let's try something different. Do you mind removing all the albums from the library, performing a clean reinstall of the mobile app and adding some of them back again?

The easiest way to remove the albums from the library is through the desktop app on a PC.

Does it work like that?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Thanks for the reply.

I have hundreds of saved albums so this is a lot of effort for something that probably won't work. I add albums all the time, including since performing a 'clean reinstall' and they suffer the same problem.

I'm a programmer and to be honest this seems like a larger bug that requires a pretty easy fix. Is there any way of getting someone to have a proper look at what is causing this so it can be actually fixed?

Thanks.

Hey @kazucchini,

Thanks for your last reply. 

Just to confirm, is this happening when logging in with other devices (phone)? 

Changing tunes, let us know if the issue persists when using the web player on your phone's browser. 

We'll be standing by.

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Suggested posts