Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Your Library

Get help with Your Library on all devices.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Your Sound Capsule: Following your listening stats

You probably already know Spotify launches every year, Spotify Wrapped, which is a rewind of your listening stats. It presents each user their listening stats for that year, including the most listened-to artists and songs, for example. It's really l...

IMG_6759.jpg IMG_6760.jpg IMG_6761.jpg IMG_6764.jpg
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • JohnHowlett
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 61 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 61 likes

Watch and Listen: Introducing music videos on Spotify

Spotify knows that the listening experience is a way to connect artists with fans on many levels. But what if we could enhance these connections with a different perspective? With this in mind, Spotify is introducing a new and powerful way to listen ...

IMG_6446.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Joggerwithoutmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 44 replies
  • 28 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 28 likes

Spotify Takes Listening With Friends to Another Level with Jam

Spotify is introducing a more fun, intuitive, and collaborative social listening experience with Jam. Whether you’re together or apart, joining a Jam with your loved ones is now simpler than ever by tapping phones, scanning a QR code, or sharing a li...

Community Blog Post.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Okiedokiedorkie
  • Casual Listener
  • 62 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Connect
    JAM
  • 62 replies
  • 48 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Unusable after updating

You broke Spotify! I just updated the desktop app and Spotify lost pretty much all practical functionality in a matter of seconds. Both in the web browser version and in the updated MacOS desktop app, there is no longer any option to sort/filter anyt...

• Music Fan
  • You broke Spotify!   I just updated the desktop app and Spotify lost pretty much all practical functionality in a matter of seconds.  Both in the web browser version and in the updated ...
  • themaluna
  • Visitor
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • bricked
    broken
    can't find anything
    no sorting option
    nonfunctional
    time to cancel
    waste of money now
    you broke spotify
    you f-ed it all up
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files not downloading on mobile

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S6Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm trying to download 50 local files onto my phone by putting them into a playlist, but my phone can only download the first 3 songs in the playlist...

•   Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S6 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm trying to download 50 local files onto my phone by putting th...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! cant see images

PlanPremiumCountryturkey Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can't see song images on the lower left corner when i am on the windows application.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country turkey   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't see song images on the lower left corner when i am on the windows application.   
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost Playlist That I Followed

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAlright I have a hard one here. I followed a playlist that someone else created and one day recently (maybe a month ago). It randomly disappeared from my saved playlists. M...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Alright I have a hard one here. I followed a playlist that someone else created and one day recently...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

local files disappeared in settings

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceMacbook Pro 2020 Operating SystemMacOS Catalina 10.15.5 For some reason i can't add local files anymore. And the local files i've added in the past are still in my playlists but greyed out. So I can't play them anym...

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-27 om 09.17.44.png Schermafbeelding 2020-05-27 om 09.18.12.png
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Macbook Pro 2020  Operating System MacOS Catalina 10.15.5   For some reason i can't add local files anymore. And the local files i'v...
  • Antonio_himself
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Show song on albums, show liked albums/songs rather than artist profile when you click on the artist

PlanPremiumCountryU.S. DeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueI recently switched to Spotify Premium and I am having some difficulties with the interface and compartments of the app. I am trying to "Like" a song and have it show up...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country U.S.   Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue I recently switched to Spotify Premium and I am having some difficulties with the inte...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why I cant Import my local songs

When I log in to my brother's account (family subscription), I have the option to do that. But when I log in with my account, I cannot import any in the settings.PlanPremium (Family)CountryGermanyDevice(Samsung Galaxy S4)Operating SystemAndroid My Qu...

• Visitor
  • When I log in to my brother's account (family subscription), I have the option to do that. But when I log in with my account, I cannot import any in the settings. Plan Premium (Family) Country Ge...
  • Mouby
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue

I can’t listen to a playlist, it goes to queue after I have listened to one song

• Visitor
  • I can’t listen to a playlist, it goes to queue after I have listened to one song 
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to delete playlist on any device

Hi! I can't get my playlists to delete. I hit the three circles and then hit delete but then nothing happens. I'm trying to clean out my playlists and it's just not working for me. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both my iPhone ...

• Visitor
  • Hi! I can't get my playlists to delete. I hit the three circles and then hit delete but then nothing happens. I'm trying to clean out my playlists and it's just not working for me. I have already uni...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • unable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Missing Playlist Feature

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11 and MacBook AirOperating SystemUp to Date My Question or IssueI have a playlist in my library called "Your Dinah Washington mix" . And I remember making it on my phone I believe, however I tried to do it again so ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 and MacBook Air Operating System Up to Date   My Question or Issue I have a playlist in my library called "Your Dinah Washington mix" . And I ...
  • awneigh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Procura por som

Seria ótimo se spotify tivesse uma procura por som assim como o shazam , facilitaria muito as buscas. Não acham ?!

• Visitor
  • Seria ótimo se spotify tivesse uma procura por som assim como o shazam , facilitaria muito as buscas. Não acham ?!
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I can't add playlist cover art or playlist description

I was trying to make a playlist for a friend when I noticed that the option to add a cover art and playlist description was unavailable. Pretty sure spotify recently had an update and was wondering if they removed this option or I simply can't find i...

• Casual Listener
  • I was trying to make a playlist for a friend when I noticed that the option to add a cover art and playlist description was unavailable.   Pretty sure spotify recently had an update and was wo...
  • endacarberry02
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution why do i have to keep refreshing the spotify app every time i want to listen to a different song

i currently listen on my school Chromebook but every single time i want to listen to a different song i have to refresh to whole app in order to listen to the song i want to how do i fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • i currently listen on my school Chromebook but every single time i want to listen to a different song i have to refresh to whole app in order to listen to the song i want to how do i fix this?
  • Pokemon-girl101
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't filter by featured artists

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueI like to make playlists for specific artists, including songs that the said artists are featured on. I used to be able to filter my liked songs by the name of t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue I like to make playlists for specific artists, including songs that the said artists ...
  • E116
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • artist
    filter
    liked songs
    Search
    secondary artist
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Older playlists no longer play

Plan: PremiumCountry: U.S. Devices:Spotify apps on laptop PC and Samsung Galaxy S10 +Operating Systems:Windows 10 on the PC and Android 10 on the Samsung My Questions or Issue:tl:dr Why won't my older playlists play?How can I recreate them without re...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: U.S.   Devices: Spotify apps on laptop PC and Samsung Galaxy S10 + Operating Systems: Windows 10 on the PC and Android 10 on the Samsung   My Questions or Iss...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't change playlist cover

Plan: PremiumCountry: Mexico Device: iPhone 8, MacBook Air Hello there Mr Spotify, I've been trying to change my playlists pictures since yesterday and for a few hours, the photos did change, however, the moment my phone disconnected accidentally fro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Mexico   Device: iPhone 8, MacBook Air   Hello there Mr Spotify, I've been trying to change my playlists pictures since yesterday and for a few hours, the photos...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Archive Of Previous Songs on a Public Playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGoogle Pixel 3 Operating SystemMacOS / Android Oreo My Question or IssueHello, As a long time Spotify listener, about 3 years ago when I was only dating my fiance, there was a public playlist we listened to a lot....

• ...istener, about 3 years ago when I was only dating my fiance, there was a public playlist we listened to a lot. We sort of dubbed the songs on this playlist as the soundtrack to us falling in love. Now, we k...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
    Spotify Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting history

So recently I was hacked. I changed my password and kicked them off. Now Spotify is showing weird music that they listened to everywhere. I’d there a way to wipe my data or delete history? I’m on IOS Mobile if that helps

• Visitor
  • So recently I was hacked. I changed my password and kicked them off. Now Spotify is   showing weird music that they listened to everywhere. I’d there a way to wipe my data or delete history? &...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Library Limit Reached Even Though I'm Still At 8k+ Songs

I've been cleaning my library for the past few days to take out all the extra songs that take up my storage (device memory and my spotify library), and nearing the end of my list of artists, spotify prevented me from adding any more songs because "My...

• I've been cleaning my library for the past few days to take out all the extra songs that take up my storage (device memory and my spotify library), and nearing the end of my list of artists, spotify ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! after 10000 songs limit what to do!?

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceandroid + windows 10Operating Systemandroid + windows 10 My Question or Issuei know this question up few times in the past but now when i myself get to limit i want to really understand what i need to do after this limit...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device android + windows 10 Operating System android + windows 10   My Question or Issue i know this question up few times in the past but now when i myself...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes