App issues on iPhone X

Solved!
Highlighted

App issues on iPhone X

Besweden
Casual Listener

It seems there is an issue with the compatibility of Spotify and the IPhone X.

I love Spotify but have noticed that occasionally while I’m in the app, the bottom tab that lets you choose “home”, “browse”, “search”, or “your library”  goes missing and is covered up by the tab that shows the current song playing. I end up having to close the app completely and then refresh t to regain that tab.

please fix this and make the app more friendly to the X. There are black spaces at the top and bottom of the device that show Spotify has not optimized their app for this.

Image.png
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: App issues on iPhone X

GandalfTheWhite

I'm going to wait until the end of this month. If they don't optimize the layout and fix bugs by then, I'll have to cancel my membership and move to Apple music. I realize things take time but given the size of the company and the rate at which other apps are receiving updates, I hope for an update soon.

Solution!

Notoriousjoe200
Regular

Ive already started my 90 day free trial (Yes 3 months free!) for Apple music i may be sticking with them from now on being the cost is exactly the same and may even have more music than Spotify anyway. At least i know the compatibility and updates will be there and Apple at least acknowledges and attempts to fux its bug

F5789D00-4F38-43C7-B7D1-18BF50BB149E.png

Solution!

Idontlivhere
Casual Listener

After chatting with support, this is my fix: log out and log back in ( if you haven’t reboot your device in a while, do that first). I can’t believe that worked but I’m glad I didn’t have to reset my iPhone to factory, that’s a pain in the **bleep**. Anywho cheers! :) Musica is Lyfe!!!!!!! 

32 Replies

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @Besweden,

that’s right.

There is already an idea of this.

You can follow this link and click the vote button to support this idea.

Have a nice day!

LukeRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Besweden
Casual Listener

Thanks for linking me to that post but it doesn’t mention that occasionally the bar with “home” “browse” “search” and “your library” goes missing and is overtaken by the tab that shows the music that is currently playing.

i will follow that other thread too but it doesn’t address all of the issues stated in my thread.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Then you can add your idea/ issue also to the ideas tab :)

LukeRock Star 17

Notoriousjoe200
Regular

Yes please add support for iPhone X already. You guys jus added an new update today but still nothing for iPhone X. You guys should have been ready for the worlds greatest major smartphone update way before launch date. What are you guys doing with all the money were paying for? Step it up Spotify smh. 

Jonavicius
Casual Listener

I have another issue. When I playing spotify app in my car and receiving the call, after talk spotify goes mute. To unmute I need close app and reopen it. Does anyone else have this issue?

Notoriousjoe200
Regular
**bleep** yes i have the same issue!! Not only have i got this problem on iphone X but on previous models as well. Sometimes i have to restart the whole phone altogether to get Spotify to play again. Sometines reconnecting bluetooth works sometimes closing and reopening the app works but it is very annoying.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @Notoriousjoe200,

when you recognise an issue, make shure you’re on the latest version of Spotify.

When you checked it and you are on the newest version, please search in the community if any other persons have your problem. After that you can post your issues here and someone will take a look on that.

Have a great day!

LK608

LukeRock Star 17

drizzlepistol

Agreed

0gravity

Same thing with me. Except it happens to any bluetooth connected device

SUGGESTED POSTS