Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Automatically disable equalizer when using car stereo instead of headphones

Automatically disable equalizer when using car stereo instead of headphones

I love the equalizer when using headphones but do I need to keep going into the settings to turn it off everytime I'm in the car (connected with iPod USB or Bluetooth depending on which car) and then back on again when using headphones?

If there could be a per output device setting I wouldn't have to do this and I forget sometimes and then it has too much bass in the car or not enough in the headphones.

Thanks 

6 Replies

Exactly the same issue which annoys me. I need a separate equalizer setting for car mode.
Spotify understands that I am in car, then I will love it if Spotify applies its setting as well.

Hey @stevez00 and @MeteYuksel,

Some playback settings won't apply to a third party device. In that case you'll need to adjust the setting on the third party device itself.

Hope it's possible! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi @Guido,

although that seems a good suggestion, it might not be as simple in reality. Our car applies equalizer settings globally irrespective of the source music is coming from. For instance, from the radio, I'd like a bass boost, but now that applies to bluetooth sources (my Android) as well. On my Android, I configured a bass boost, too, because I like it on my office head phones. But when I hook my Android up to our car, bass is boosted twice. The situation is similar, with all my bluetooth devices - not just the car. Office head sets might require a bass boost, my running head sets do not and neither do our home wifi speakers. A way to configure equalizer settings depending on the connected playback device could be a good solution.

Best,

Uwe

Hello @Uwe_Aarhus

Thanks for getting in touch!

Another user was also interested in such a feature. You can vote for his or her idea over here.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

I've been asking this for a really long time and it seems like it's time has come.

Spotify KNOWS I AM DRIVING, and shows a different display with big words and music videos.

However, the issue is Spotify needs to learn that I turn off the equalizer (built into Spotify) EVERY SINGLE TIME when I am driving, but turn it back on when I use headphones.

So the Spotify car sensing feature could just simply use the user's preferred equalizer setting based on if it is in CAR MODE or not.

thank you!

Hey folks, 

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app, and you can read more here about how ideas work.

Once you’re ready to post your idea, simply check this help article for useful tips. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Suggested posts