Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Awful new UI

Awful new UI

Hello,

The new user interface of Spotify is horrible.

I never had a reason to complain about Spotify for the last 5 years. I always used the app, and it’s the first time I feel compelled to come here and spend my time to complain about it.

The latest update where all the layout of the library changed is the breaking point. The minor changes prior were still awful but I could live with it. But the fact that I cannot see in my library the latest songs and album I listened to is just plain counterproductive and unergonomic. I tried to save them in my favs, even if they’re not, but still the songs are missing. I really hate that last update. It features no improvement whatsoever.

I really loved Spotify from the beginning : the freedom to listen to nearly every song is just beautiful. But the app is now starting to be a major turndown. The downfall started a bit longer ago, but recently it has accelerated.

Please do something, or let us come back to the old version which is way better.

Why don’t leave the choice of the UI to the user in the app settings ?

Best regards.

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 11

5 Replies

Hey there @RakeshSpotify !

At Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Iif you don't like the changes I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

Have a nice day!

Good job being posting a completely useless reply!

To see all the ways they've changed Your Library, see this Reddit thread. This will explain what happened. 

Some of their changes make sense, but the lack of communication is horrifying and unprofessional, and the fact that every reply has this canned message that basically says paying customers are all guiney pigs. 

https://reddit.app.link/egxj8UcHTU

I agree. I think if they are testing out a new UI they should give users the choice to opt in. Forcing it on everyone is horrible. I dont want to have to find all these artsists and songs again. I dont even listen to whole albums i just choose particular songs. 

It was totally unprofessional with the zero communication. They should have warned at least they are removing the language for all songs. That is intutitive. It took me awhile to figure out liked songs is the new way of saying all my songs. In the playlist tab too....

Suggested posts