Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Issue with list playback

PlanPremiumCountry IrelandDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 12.1.2 My Question or IssueI am having issues with Spotify playlist on iOS device - when I search the playlist for particular word eg. ‘way’ search returns 3 songs. When I play one, it will...

• Plan Premium Country  Ireland Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 12.1.2     My Question or Issue I am having issues with Spotify playlist on iOS device - when I search th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Control?

hello everyonei bought a jvc kw-v235dbt with spotify control.but i cant control my spotify app on my phone if its connected via Bluetooth to the jvcAnyone a idea how to change?PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 11,3 greetings

• hello everyone i bought a jvc kw-v235dbt with spotify control. but i cant control my spotify app on my phone if its connected via Bluetooth to the jvc Anyone a idea how to change? Plan Premium ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist Cover Art and Instagram Stories

On any playlist I try to share through Instagram Stories, my custom playlist artwork never shows up, it just defaults to the 4-grid cover. This happens on every device I've tried, and people I know/work with also have the same issue, so it's not a on...

• On any playlist I try to share through Instagram Stories, my custom playlist artwork never shows up, it just defaults to the 4-grid cover.   This happens on every device I've tried, and people...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 34 likes

Spotify automatically plays a song forward, stops the song or plays the next song on iphone

PlanPremiumCountryTurkey DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueHi,I need some help about an issue.For about two or three weeks i have a frustrating problem. I start to play a song but the song stops then starts to play again and st...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey  Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue Hi, I need some help about an issue. For about two or three weeks i have a frust...
  • serdarrr
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 50$ for whoever can help :D

I had THE BEST "MIX OF THE WEEK" list ever.Sadly there seems no way to get it back, now that it's monday and I already listened to other songs by now. I know about last.fm, but that won't help right now.If an employee would be able dig into this and ...

• Casual Listener
  •   I had THE BEST "MIX OF THE WEEK" list ever. Sadly there seems no way to get it back, now that it's monday and I already listened to other songs by now. I know about last.fm, but that won't h...
  • Youhbi
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • HALP
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t find a user with username

helloi Am trying to find a user with just the username. I know it is correct. Neither of our accounts are attached to Facebook or were ever attached to Facebook. If I type in my own username to search, it pops up. If I type in my friends username in ...

• Regular
  • hello i Am trying to find a user with just the username. I know it is correct. Neither of our accounts are attached to Facebook or were ever attached to Facebook. If I type in my own username to sea...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Disabling Behind the Lyrics Isn't Working

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPhone XsOperating SystemiOS 12.1.2 My Question or Issue Hi,I have disabled Behind the Lyrics on the Spotify app, but it isn't disabling it. At first I thought it was an issue with songs already in my library, but it is hap...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device iPhone Xs Operating System iOS 12.1.2   My Question or Issue  Hi, I have disabled Behind the Lyrics on the Spotify app, but it isn't disabl...
  • apfitzg2
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app playing on cached speakers

Hi,So I discovered that I can play music on my neighbors speaker without being on their WiFi. They can do this to me as well. If one of us is over at the other's house, and we are on the other's wifi, we can open the Spotify app and play music to one...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, So I discovered that I can play music on my neighbors speaker without being on their WiFi. They can do this to me as well. If one of us is over at the other's house, and we are on the other's&nb...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS App Navigation

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.1.3 Beta 2 My Question or IssueWhen scrolling on an artist page, if I tap to stop scrolling it also selects a song. Can’t include a screen recording because the file is too large

• Plan Premium Country United States  Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.1.3 Beta 2   My Question or Issue When scrolling on an artist page, if I tap to stop scrolling it also ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Now Playing queue resetting

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueHi,The way I use Spotify revolves around the play queue: I pick a playlist I want to listen to, put it on shuffle, and use the Now Playing queue to organize the shuffled songs in the...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue Hi, The way I use Spotify revolves around the play queue: I pick a playlist I want to listen to, put ...
  • mus1c123
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Ipod with ios 5.1.1

I have an Ipod 3 gen ios 5 1 1.Installed the old version of spotify to make it work, but it is just spinning when I am searching for songs and artists. Is there any trouble with spotify used on 5 1 1 devices

• Casual Listener
  • I have an Ipod 3 gen ios 5 1 1. Installed the old version of spotify to make it work, but it is just spinning when I am searching for songs and artists. Is there any trouble with spotify used on 5 1...
  • Harneet
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify ignored my app submission

Hi everyone, I sent to Spotify an app for commercial use, and I’m waiting for their written approval as stated in their Terms.It’s been a while and it’s annoying cause it almost seems they’re ignoring my app. Can someone in the community or in the Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,  I sent to Spotify an app for commercial use, and I’m waiting for their written approval as stated in their Terms. It’s been a while and it’s annoying cause it almost seems they’r...
  • fernix96
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Commercial
    Developer
    iOS
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing local files stopped....getting 'Waiting to Download' msg

I was syncing local files from my PC to my IPad. I've downloaded maybe 10 or 15 playlists with about 20-30 songs per. I have about 8 more to go. But now I am getting 'waiting to download' error msgs. I can download an audio book (on another app) just...

• Gig Goer
  • I was syncing local files from my PC to my IPad. I've downloaded maybe 10 or 15 playlists with about 20-30 songs per. I have about 8 more to go. But now I am getting 'waiting to download' error msgs....
  • leefoo
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App isnˋt adjusted to aspect ratio of iPad Pro 11“

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceiPad Pro 11“ 2018Operating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or Issue My problem is that the ipad app is not adjusted to the new aspect ratio of the new iPad Pro 11“. The aspect ratio of the new iPad pro is NOT 4:3 any more.....

8048F8B6-B3F8-45F1-A523-F3A62EB00823.jpeg
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany   Device iPad Pro 11“ 2018 Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue   My problem is that the ipad app is not adjusted to the ne...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! missing music!

So I found out that some of the tracks i was listen on YouTube are not avalible on Spotify. What i means that it can be unavalbale beacuse of the country i'm living in. How can report missing music?

• Casual Listener
  •   So I found out that some of the tracks i was listen on YouTube  are not avalible on    Spotify.   What i means that it  can be  unavalbale beacuse of the co...
  • 98gaga98
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone XS Max bluetooth and hotspot issues

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueI've found a weird issue on my iPhone whilst connecting to my car. I hotspot to my car to allow it to use google maps (Honda Connect) but also use bluetooth for calls and Spoti...

•  Plan Premium   Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue I've found a weird issue on my iPhone whilst connecting to my car. I hotspot to my car to a...
  • kevvw
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

my favorites not syncing

I cannot sync all of the songs that are on "my favorites" on the desktop program onto my phone. On the desktop program my favorites has 232 songs, on my phone there are only 33. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the desktop program as well as t...

• I cannot sync all of the songs that are on "my favorites" on the desktop program onto my phone. On the desktop program my favorites has 232 songs, on my phone there are only 33. I have uninstall...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

This playlist is currently empty

PlanPremiumCountryAU DeviceiPhone XROperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hi, A friend sent me a playlist and I can't play it. He sent the link via SMS+facebook. When I open the link on my iphone, an empty playlist shows up with the words "...

• Plan Premium Country AU  Device iPhone XR Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Hi,   A friend sent me a playlist and I can't play it. He sent the link...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify keeps skipping songs and play songs from other playlists

PlanPremiumCountryTaiwanDeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.0 hello! since last week, spotify skip songs randomly when I’m playing, sometimes it even plays the songs I never heard before or from random playlist.I’ve signed out and login again, ...

• Plan Premium Country Taiwan Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System iOS 12.0   hello! since last week, spotify skip songs randomly when I’m playing, sometimes it even plays the songs I ne...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS app slight scroll recognized as a tap

PlanPremium Country US DeviceiPhone 8 Operating SystemiOS 12.1.1 My Question or IssueOn an artist view, under “Popular” (should show 5 popular tracks the artist), if I do a slight scroll with the finger on one the tracks, the gesture is read as a tap...

• Plan Premium   Country  US   Device iPhone 8   Operating System iOS 12.1.1   My Question or Issue On an artist view, under “Popular” (should show 5 pop...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes