Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Control Center on iOS 11

Solved!

Control Center on iOS 11

Hello all,

I updated to iOS 11 last night, and with the control center changes that came along, I can’t seem to use the pause/play button from the control center. 

The button is grayed out as if it’s been disabled. The previous and next buttons work fine. I’ve put a screenshot down, if anyone knows why this is so, if it’s a bug or otherwise. 

Thanks for the help,

1C5F0DFE-FC18-4935-8C06-EFC0C8D3C3D6.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Update the app and it should work 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I’t works for me now! I reinstalled spotify and turned my phone on and off!! Hope this also works for you

Marked as solution

Did you try turning off apple music in the app yet via settings? Then just turn on Spotify. I also opened the control center while spotify was running and the control center began to pick up the music I playing.

Marked as solution

There are other bugs as well after ios 11 updates. Apple might roll out a bug fix soon. Hopefully, that will fix the control center issue. 

58 Replies
Marked as solution

Update the app and it should work 

I’m playing music and it does not show it in the control center... any one that knows how to fix this?

7138783D-273C-4EAB-A6E2-D2525B90F25D.png
31380F34-C86A-42CA-8E41-7E03D627A012.png

I’m having the same problem. It’s also not displaying the music on my lock screen.

Marked as solution

I’t works for me now! I reinstalled spotify and turned my phone on and off!! Hope this also works for you

This worked for me as well! Deleting and reinstalling then restarting. 

I have the same issues. It bothers me a lot. Coz I can’t skip the song from my car or headphone 

So my solution worked for about a day. I have no idea why, but I know have the same problem I started with. I have also noticed that my phone no longer thinks of my Spotify app as a music source. When I try to pause or play while listening to Spotify through headphones, my phone stops the app as a whole and starts playing and pausing music from my Music app. The volume doesn’t work either from my apple headphones while on Spotify. After finding all these issues, after updating to IOS 11 my IPhone 7 Plus does not see Spotify as a music source and almost rejects the app as a whole. I’m not sure if this is Apple’s issue or Spotify’s issue to solve but I hope it is fixed soon. 

I have the same problem on my iphone 7 plus... indeed the re installation works for only about a day or so and now its just as bad as it was. Very annoying. And also sometimes when i press play on my spotify it sounds really weird and played forward or something.

You have to do a quick reset of your iPhone. It’ll work. Only problem is you’ll have to do it almost every day because the problem will return. 

Very annoying!!  Hopefully Spotify can fix before we’re forced to jump ship to Apple Music.

Im having this problem as well. Sometimes the volume animation doesnt show up at all and phone sometimes freezes.

spotify log files says cpu is about 98% for over 148 seconds.

Thanks,

Strangely enough, the App Store didn’t prompt an update. So had to delete and reinstall, just didn’t want to attempt that at the time and lose all the downloaded music.

anyhow, works now. Cheers. 

I have the same problem

Tried reinstalling, still doesn't work!

Update: restarting the phone solved it 

Hi everyone!  I had the same problem but it appears to be fixed now.  First,  I went into settings found apple music and turned it off (I think this is a new option).  Then, I did the same hard reset suggested in earlier posts.  Lastly,  I just went into Spotify and began playing music and it automatically picked it up in the control center and lock screen.  Good luck!!

Hey,

for me it’s still not working, I have not just updated the app I’ve reinstall the iOS. Do you have any idea how to fix this issue? 

Marked as solution

Did you try turning off apple music in the app yet via settings? Then just turn on Spotify. I also opened the control center while spotify was running and the control center began to pick up the music I playing.

Thanks! I've deleted the Apple Music app, and restarted the phone, now it is working.

Marked as solution

There are other bugs as well after ios 11 updates. Apple might roll out a bug fix soon. Hopefully, that will fix the control center issue. 

Suggested posts