Control Center on iOS 11

Solved!

Control Center on iOS 11

Hjazeel
Casual Listener

Hello all,

I updated to iOS 11 last night, and with the control center changes that came along, I can’t seem to use the pause/play button from the control center. 

The button is grayed out as if it’s been disabled. The previous and next buttons work fine. I’ve put a screenshot down, if anyone knows why this is so, if it’s a bug or otherwise. 

Thanks for the help,

1C5F0DFE-FC18-4935-8C06-EFC0C8D3C3D6.png
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

MinnieM

Update the app and it should work 

View solution in original post

Solution!

Djanvld
Casual Listener

I’t works for me now! I reinstalled spotify and turned my phone on and off!! Hope this also works for you

Solution!

Infamouz1
Casual Listener
Did you try turning off apple music in the app yet via settings? Then just turn on Spotify. I also opened the control center while spotify was running and the control center began to pick up the music I playing.

Solution!

sushilsid

There are other bugs as well after ios 11 updates. Apple might roll out a bug fix soon. Hopefully, that will fix the control center issue. 

58 Replies

MattFreeman8
Casual Listener

This worked for me as well! Deleting and reinstalling then restarting. 

MattFreeman8
Casual Listener

So my solution worked for about a day. I have no idea why, but I know have the same problem I started with. I have also noticed that my phone no longer thinks of my Spotify app as a music source. When I try to pause or play while listening to Spotify through headphones, my phone stops the app as a whole and starts playing and pausing music from my Music app. The volume doesn’t work either from my apple headphones while on Spotify. After finding all these issues, after updating to IOS 11 my IPhone 7 Plus does not see Spotify as a music source and almost rejects the app as a whole. I’m not sure if this is Apple’s issue or Spotify’s issue to solve but I hope it is fixed soon. 

Paulski8

This isn’t just happening with Spotify for me—it’s happening with Podcasts as well. It’s happening exactly as you described. 

franiek
Casual Listener

Hi all, did you update to iOS 11.1? For me it solved these bugs - now it is 11th day since I didn't have crash.

SirAhNo
Music Fan

Yeah, unfortunately on 11.1 I'm still having the same problems. Not worth writing because everyone above has described it exactly as I'm experiencing it.

After reading the thread it does seem like an Apple problem. I've been having other minor iOS issues that I never had any problems with before iOS 11. So frustrating that its been going on for so long.

clstack
Casual Listener

Mine does the exact same! So annoying did you find out how to fix it by any chance? 

diggyz
Casual Listener
iOS 11.1 beta 2 fixed it for me. Have you tried iOS 11.0.3 ? But there is still huge battery draining issues in Spotify.

clstack
Casual Listener
Yeah I’ve tried it it works but only for 1 day and then turns to **bleep** again I need Spotify to fix this 😩

lenammay

i think it’s apples issue because i have both spotify & apple music and they both don’t show up when i’m playing music. ios11 has been glitching my new 7+ ever since i got the update. can’t even turn the volume up when listening to music unless my phone is unlocked 🙄

SjaccoPopino

Hi! I have this exact same problem, not only with Spotify, but with the Podcasts app as well! So I think this is a general bug, not just a Spotify bug. I have to restart my iPhone 7 Plus multiple times every day, especially since the iOS 11.0.1 update. I'm even thinking of downgrading to iOS 10.3.3, because I'm getting tired of having to restart my iPhone every time I want to listen to some music...

neilaja

Every time I restart also it works for a bit then stops working. I’m also having issues with other app playbacks as well so presuming its iOS 11.

lucasmateine

I have the same problem

diggyz
Casual Listener

Im having this problem as well. Sometimes the volume animation doesnt show up at all and phone sometimes freezes.

spotify log files says cpu is about 98% for over 148 seconds.

Lailavrieling

I have the same problem on my iphone 7 plus... indeed the re installation works for only about a day or so and now its just as bad as it was. Very annoying. And also sometimes when i press play on my spotify it sounds really weird and played forward or something.

Solution!

MinnieM

Update the app and it should work 

Ashutosh23

Tried reinstalling, still doesn't work!

Update: restarting the phone solved it 

Hjazeel
Casual Listener

Thanks,

Strangely enough, the App Store didn’t prompt an update. So had to delete and reinstall, just didn’t want to attempt that at the time and lose all the downloaded music.

anyhow, works now. Cheers. 

SUGGESTED POSTS