Control Center on iOS 11

Solved!

Control Center on iOS 11

Hjazeel
Casual Listener

Hello all,

I updated to iOS 11 last night, and with the control center changes that came along, I can’t seem to use the pause/play button from the control center. 

The button is grayed out as if it’s been disabled. The previous and next buttons work fine. I’ve put a screenshot down, if anyone knows why this is so, if it’s a bug or otherwise. 

Thanks for the help,

1C5F0DFE-FC18-4935-8C06-EFC0C8D3C3D6.png
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

MinnieM

Update the app and it should work 

View solution in original post

Solution!

Djanvld
Casual Listener

I’t works for me now! I reinstalled spotify and turned my phone on and off!! Hope this also works for you

Solution!

Infamouz1
Casual Listener
Did you try turning off apple music in the app yet via settings? Then just turn on Spotify. I also opened the control center while spotify was running and the control center began to pick up the music I playing.

Solution!

sushilsid

There are other bugs as well after ios 11 updates. Apple might roll out a bug fix soon. Hopefully, that will fix the control center issue. 

58 Replies

Etterlatt

Yep, have the same bugs with any music app. Playback is not visible on lock screen and control center. Volume cannot be adjusted on a locked phone, etc... #sosad #makeiphonegreatagain

JuanMont

Hi I updated my iphone to iOS 11.0.1 but now I can't use the next-forward buttons on some bluetooth devices, like my bluetooth speaker and helmet intercom... someone else with the same problem? does someone know how to fix this? Thanks!

kindrusz
Casual Listener

Hey,

for me it’s still not working, I have not just updated the app I’ve reinstall the iOS. Do you have any idea how to fix this issue? 

Solution!

Infamouz1
Casual Listener
Did you try turning off apple music in the app yet via settings? Then just turn on Spotify. I also opened the control center while spotify was running and the control center began to pick up the music I playing.

HillEasterner
Casual Listener

What do you mean? How do you turn off Apple Music? In which app?

tashagee1

I swear I’m going to have anger issues from this whole problem. My car won’t let me change track, and switches to Apple Music. I’ve turned it off in the settings, I’ve restarted my phone. Just doesn’t allow me to change track on Spotify anymore. 

Any options to try before I go ape **bleep** at Apple? Haha.

kindrusz
Casual Listener

Thanks! I've deleted the Apple Music app, and restarted the phone, now it is working.

Infamouz1
Casual Listener

Hi everyone!  I had the same problem but it appears to be fixed now.  First,  I went into settings found apple music and turned it off (I think this is a new option).  Then, I did the same hard reset suggested in earlier posts.  Lastly,  I just went into Spotify and began playing music and it automatically picked it up in the control center and lock screen.  Good luck!!

arindavoodian
Casual Listener

You must delete the Apple Music App and your problem will be solved. 

jferraro94
Casual Listener
I deleted my music app and my car said "no content found" and wouldn't play
anything at all

arindavoodian
Casual Listener
Right.

This fix was intended for Spotify fix on iOS rather than CarPlay.

Sorry about the confusion.

jferraro94
Casual Listener
Yes that’s what I was referring to. My Spotify was messing up with iOS 11 and the steps that I explained helped fix it. Still working too yay!

Comertime

Very annoying!!  Hopefully Spotify can fix before we’re forced to jump ship to Apple Music.

Acn1234

I don’t think it’s just Spotify bc it does the same thing with the podcast app. I can’t pause and change the volume without going directly to the app

bas-j

You have to do a quick reset of your iPhone. It’ll work. Only problem is you’ll have to do it almost every day because the problem will return. 

Djanvld
Casual Listener

I’m playing music and it does not show it in the control center... any one that knows how to fix this?

7138783D-273C-4EAB-A6E2-D2525B90F25D.png
31380F34-C86A-42CA-8E41-7E03D627A012.png

Jackson_jj

I just had this problem, but for the time being I have fixed it. All you have to do is go to your settings, search Apple Music, and the very first option will be show Apple Music just click it off and it’s seemed to work for me. 

77F2BFEF-EABC-45D5-8D03-F5DE1875E1E6.png
Solution!

sushilsid

There are other bugs as well after ios 11 updates. Apple might roll out a bug fix soon. Hopefully, that will fix the control center issue. 

yi_jerry

I have the same issues. It bothers me a lot. Coz I can’t skip the song from my car or headphone 

grodriguez97

I’m having the same problem. It’s also not displaying the music on my lock screen.

Solution!

Djanvld
Casual Listener

I’t works for me now! I reinstalled spotify and turned my phone on and off!! Hope this also works for you

SUGGESTED POSTS