Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Note 8

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Just wanted to pile on to the June Update posts, in case Spotify counts them in some sort of metric. It seems like the Spotify team crafted the perfect way to completely ruin the user interface.

For me the biggest issue is that the "Albums" tab only shows FULL albums that I've saved, whereas it used to show every album from every track I'd saved even if it was only one or two tracks from the album. Now those are all gone, which was a significant portion of my library. There's no easy way to browse for those tracks either - if I want something specific, I'm forced to manually type its name into a search box. This is garbage UI.

Spotify has been killing the game with most of their recent updates - but this ain't it. I didn't think it would come to this, but if this isn't fixed within a month I'm cancelling my subscription.

5 Replies

Hey @seanrm92 and welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features, you can learn more here why.

However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Have a nice day 🙂

I'm using Spotify on desktop and mobile and I've also noticed similar changes from the recent update that I'm not at all fond of, namely the changes to Albums. Full albums, including all the songs I removed, are now being shown - a totally useless feature because I removed those songs for a reason. And as @seanrm92 said, half my albums have disappeared - if I saved things, they are supposed to be there, I shouldn't have to go searching for them. If there's one thing that definitely needs to get fixed across the board, it's this.

Also on desktop, the left side menu was fine with a scrollbar to get through it all. The fixed "Home, Browse, Radio" section is monopolizing way too much real estate. I should be able to see my playlists and have a bit of space for album art.

As for the mobile version, it's also a mess. I never listen to podcasts; now my library is all podcast oriented. "Liked songs" album - I was never on board with the applying of "<3" to everything, so this is just cluttering up the space for things I actually like. Features like this should be optional; one should be able to turn them on or off if they want them.

From the update article:

"We heard your feedback on saving albums too. Now this section is just for albums you’ve saved."

Whoever gave them that "feedback" must have been smoking some rocks. Or the devs were. Either way, this right here is the crux of the issue. We want to be able to browse songs by album, even if the album is incomplete. We don't want to have to scroll through the "Liked Songs" playlist to find individual tracks (I have over 3000 tracks saved). The albums that these tracks were in show up in "Recommended Albums" at the bottom of the Album list, but it's only some of them and they're all out of order. This is garbage UI.

There is no user solution. The only fix is for the devs to put the pipe down and fix the UI.

Agreed. Another thing is the artist section. You can’t fast scroll on the side. You can’t browse alphabetically. I now have to search for artists that I’ve already saved. Spotify was our number one choice for music over pandora and all the others because it allowed you to listen to the music you want, when you want, and the way you want to. Unfortunately it looks like they’re on their way to slowly taking those options away from us and beginning to determine what we’re going to listen to. It’s a shame. We don’t need another pandora.

Registered to add more feedback on this update - it's terrible. Trying to find all artists that I've saved/liked/downloaded is horrible. Not way to sort or scroll to alphabet. Whoever removed these key expected features needs to be let go. I'm looking at competitors now as basic UI design seems to escape you - you're messing with things that don't need to be messed with.

Suggested posts