Latest update

Latest update

Plan

Premium

Country US

Device

iPhone

Two of my most common flows are broken by the new update:

1. Going from Artist that I saved a song of to an album that I saved and then to a song (I normally open Spotify and say, I want to listen to muciaian X, let me see what song / albums of that person I saved)

2. Scrolling through recently played content (song/playlist/etc). I realize that this got moved to the Home view but the new UI feels like an afterthought. It’s a horizontal scroll (harder to use than a vertical one) with limited content and no “infinite scroll” and it it’s a web view so it doesn’t work offline. 

In general after this update it feels like supporting flows for song curation is no longer a focus for Spotify as those flows are now burried under an entry point (liked songs) , under a tab (artists), under another tab (your library). And it’s missing a lot of basic functionality. 

3 Replies

The artists view is completely broken for me after the update on mac desktop app 😞

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 13.06.11.png

and on android, i can see all the artists but can't understand the order (it's not alphabetic)

Bummer

Hi guys, if you want to, you can make a comment on This Post.  

They’ve already suggested it to spotify so hopefully they look into it!

All the best,

Logan

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

We regularly run updates to improve your experience with the app. The refreshed “Your Library” was developed to help you manage and access your favorites faster. It’s the first version of this update and we’ll continue to build on it based on feedback you provide.

@Nivak: Regarding your feedback about the Artists pages not containing saved items anymore, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback in this idea

There's also this idea about viewing the Recently Played section when you're offline. 

We'd suggest keeping an eye out for updates we have in these ideas. You can also find more information about how ideas can get implemented or your feedback reaches Spotify in this Spotify Answer.

@ozsay: It looks like you aren't following any artists just yet. Once you start following artists you like, they should start appearing in this section. 

You can read more info about the changes in Your Library in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps! However, don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts