Premium Student

Country

USA

Device

Iphone XS

Operating System

IOS 13.3

My Question or Issue

Ive enabled local files on spotify on my computer. Ive added them to a playlist. Im on the same local internet.I have also tried connecting to my phones hotspot. i can play the song on my computer and it will play on my iPhone. However none of the songs will show up in the playlist on my phone. The farthest Ive gotten is getting this message. The issue is there's no offline sync anywhere in my spotifuggle app on my computer both from the Microsoft store or downloaded from spotifys website.

IMG_0776.PNG
Spotify image.png
53 Replies

iPhone 11

premium account

latest app version installed 

Me too. Local files won’t play on my new iPhone. I’ve reloaded local files from Mac to new phone and downloaded a local files playlist onto my new phone. The playlist has downloaded. The local files are there and look like they are downloaded. But they don’t play.

weirdly the new local files playlist has also miraculously appeared on my OLD iPhone 6s and is playing fine.

Are there issues with iPhone 11? 

What else can I try? 

thank you 

Same here, I've had this iPhone 11 since 12/22/2019 and it seems that syncing my local files is a very difficult thing, I'm on the same wifi, and the network connections are all open, and Spotify is being let through my Firewall.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 7+

I am trying to play my local files songs on my iPhone. I've checked my firewall to make sure Spotify on my desktop is allowed and have added all my local file songs to a separate playlist which I have downloaded on my desktop and can play easily.

However, even when my phone and desktop are on the same wifi network, when I go to the playlist on my phone it is empty. How do I resolve this issue?

So far I have tried turning off my firewall but nothing has worked.

this is the reason: 
6A49E9BA-989F-430B-9B90-D031FCF84A22.jpeg

This shows the songs, but they are still all greyed out and aren't downloaded on my mobile. It says "Waiting to Download" but I'm on the same wifi network as my desktop?

Then you probably have some sort of network configuration issue that won't let your devices communicate with each other.

Create a hotspot connection with your iPhone and connect your computer to it and then try again.

Hey folks,

If you've gone through all the recommended steps here and here but your local files still won't play on your iPhone, make sure you have the Bonjour protocol enabled on both your devises and check if your router supports it.

Another thing you should check is whether the files you're trying to import are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected. In case they're iTunes, you can check for DRM protected tracks by following these steps.

Hope this helps. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi My Name Is Gregory Wilson I'm New To The Spotify Community I Speak To @Spotifycares (Screen Name On Twitter) I Give Feedback About Whatever Issue It's When You Have A Conversation WIth Tweets You Hear Back From The SPotify Staff All I Have To Do Know Is Email Them & Describe What The Issue Is 

Short answer: Be an advanced network engineer to transfer your music files to spotify. You will need to learn about wifi transmitting, firewall, bonjour or hello, even 你好 protocol on both Windows and iOS to do so

Or: use iTunes

Your choice!

i tried to do as you said, but nothing seems to work! what should i do?

Hello! 

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. I have clean installed both Spotify's on my Mac and iPhone 7. I deleted and re-installed the apps after shut downs and both have the latest updates. Any thoughts on how I should proceed?

Thanks!

Note: both devices are on the same Wifi, etc

Spotify settings > local files > toggle switch on. 

I just tried this, it works just fine. If you don’t understand what I mean, reply and I’ll try to explain further. 

Hello! Yes, I did have that toggle on. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

I tried to do your method, but it doesn't work. The songs I put on my playlist from my local files is not showing up on my iPhone, but shows up on my windows desktop

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

If you've enabled Canvas, we'd suggest to disabled it. It's also a good idea to restart the router and to check the settings.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I am having exactly the same problem. iPhone 6s+, Spotify Premium. Win 10 desktop PC. Just wasted 1.5hrs of my life trying to figure out how to do this. Reinstalled Spotify on iPhone.

Not sure what to do next.

Can I have phone or live chat support please?

Hey there @atulr,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Don't worry. Help is here 🙂

We'd suggest you give these steps a go. If that doesn't do the trick, try restarting your phone. That way any changes can sync up. It's also a good idea to restart the router.

Tip: It's a good idea for the app to be open on both devices.

If you want to contact our support team, you can head here. The folks there will be happy to help.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

I'm afraid the fresh install of the app on iOS does not solve this problem.

I have a couple of albums on my desktop Spotify and they used to sync with my iPhone, when I downloaded them.

Something has changed and I'm pretty sure its not my doing.

I know what I'm doing, I know how to follow instructions and I've not changed any of the settings.

1. Both Playlists appear on my iPhone and at first the tracks were fine, they downloaded and I was able to listen to them. 

2. Then tracks appear greyed out as unavailable to play, sometime in the past couple of months.

3. Deleting playlists and re-creating them, removing files, unloading, re-installing app etc. as per the moderator's suggestion.

4. Playlists appear on iOS as empty playlists (not even greyed out) even though on the desktop playlists they are clearly there, downloadable and playable.

Hey @robgrix,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

We'd suggest you give the steps mentioned here a go. If that doesn't help, you can check if Firewall is enabled. If it is, you can disable it.

It that doesn't do the trick, you can turn the Show unavailable songs in playlists option in the Settings on.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts