Announcements

Local files wont appear on Iphone

Highlighted

Re: Local files wont appear on Iphone

Casual Listener

Hello! 

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. I have clean installed both Spotify's on my Mac and iPhone 7. I deleted and re-installed the apps after shut downs and both have the latest updates. Any thoughts on how I should proceed?

Thanks!

Note: both devices are on the same Wifi, etc

Visitor

Spotify settings > local files > toggle switch on. 

I just tried this, it works just fine. If you don’t understand what I mean, reply and I’ll try to explain further. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hello! Yes, I did have that toggle on. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Highlighted

Visitor

I tried to do your method, but it doesn't work. The songs I put on my playlist from my local files is not showing up on my iPhone, but shows up on my windows desktop

Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

If you've enabled Canvas, we'd suggest to disabled it. It's also a good idea to restart the router and to check the settings.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
Highlighted

Regular
I am having exactly the same problem. iPhone 6s+, Spotify Premium. Win 10 desktop PC. Just wasted 1.5hrs of my life trying to figure out how to do this. Reinstalled Spotify on iPhone.

Not sure what to do next.
Highlighted

Regular
Can I have phone or live chat support please?
Highlighted

Hey there @atulr,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Don't worry. Help is here 🙂

We'd suggest you give these steps a go. If that doesn't do the trick, try restarting your phone. That way any changes can sync up. It's also a good idea to restart the router.

Tip: It's a good idea for the app to be open on both devices.

If you want to contact our support team, you can head here. The folks there will be happy to help.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

VerModerator
Highlighted

Visitor

I'm afraid the fresh install of the app on iOS does not solve this problem.

I have a couple of albums on my desktop Spotify and they used to sync with my iPhone, when I downloaded them.

Something has changed and I'm pretty sure its not my doing.

I know what I'm doing, I know how to follow instructions and I've not changed any of the settings.

1. Both Playlists appear on my iPhone and at first the tracks were fine, they downloaded and I was able to listen to them. 

2. Then tracks appear greyed out as unavailable to play, sometime in the past couple of months.

3. Deleting playlists and re-creating them, removing files, unloading, re-installing app etc. as per the moderator's suggestion.

4. Playlists appear on iOS as empty playlists (not even greyed out) even though on the desktop playlists they are clearly there, downloadable and playable.

Highlighted

Hey @robgrix,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

We'd suggest you give the steps mentioned here a go. If that doesn't help, you can check if Firewall is enabled. If it is, you can disable it.

It that doesn't do the trick, you can turn the Show unavailable songs in playlists option in the Settings on.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, we are here for you.

VerModerator
SUGGESTED POSTS