Announcements

Local files wont appear on Iphone

Re: Local files won't play on my new iphone

Casual Listener

iPhone 11

premium account

latest app version installed 

Me too. Local files won’t play on my new iPhone. I’ve reloaded local files from Mac to new phone and downloaded a local files playlist onto my new phone. The playlist has downloaded. The local files are there and look like they are downloaded. But they don’t play.

weirdly the new local files playlist has also miraculously appeared on my OLD iPhone 6s and is playing fine.

Are there issues with iPhone 11? 

What else can I try? 

thank you 

Re: Local files won't play on my new iphone

Casual Listener

Same here, I've had this iPhone 11 since 12/22/2019 and it seems that syncing my local files is a very difficult thing, I'm on the same wifi, and the network connections are all open, and Spotify is being let through my Firewall.

Local File Songs Don't Appear On iPhone

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 7+

I am trying to play my local files songs on my iPhone. I've checked my firewall to make sure Spotify on my desktop is allowed and have added all my local file songs to a separate playlist which I have downloaded on my desktop and can play easily.

However, even when my phone and desktop are on the same wifi network, when I go to the playlist on my phone it is empty. How do I resolve this issue?

So far I have tried turning off my firewall but nothing has worked.

Re: Local File Songs Don't Appear On iPhone

Composer

this is the reason: 
6A49E9BA-989F-430B-9B90-D031FCF84A22.jpeg

Casual Listener
This shows the songs, but they are still all greyed out and aren't downloaded on my mobile. It says "Waiting to Download" but I'm on the same wifi network as my desktop?

Composer

Then you probably have some sort of network configuration issue that won't let your devices communicate with each other.

Create a hotspot connection with your iPhone and connect your computer to it and then try again.

Hey folks,

If you've gone through all the recommended steps here and here but your local files still won't play on your iPhone, make sure you have the Bonjour protocol enabled on both your devises and check if your router supports it.

Another thing you should check is whether the files you're trying to import are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected. In case they're iTunes, you can check for DRM protected tracks by following these steps.

Hope this helps. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

Re: Local files wont appear on Iphone

Visitor

Hi My Name Is Gregory Wilson I'm New To The Spotify Community I Speak To @Spotifycares (Screen Name On Twitter) I Give Feedback About Whatever Issue It's When You Have A Conversation WIth Tweets You Hear Back From The SPotify Staff All I Have To Do Know Is Email Them & Describe What The Issue Is 

Casual Listener

Short answer: Be an advanced network engineer to transfer your music files to spotify. You will need to learn about wifi transmitting, firewall, bonjour or hello, even 你好 protocol on both Windows and iOS to do so

Or: use iTunes

Your choice!

Re: Local files wont appear on Iphone

Visitor
i tried to do as you said, but nothing seems to work! what should i do?
SUGGESTED POSTS