Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Data on iOS app is always empty

Solved!

Offline Data on iOS app is always empty

good morning from germany,

to explain my problem, i start by telling you what kind of equipment i use:

iphone 6 64gb (available space 10gb+)

spotify premium

on my mac the spotify app has the identical lists which are marked to be offline available as well.

i have somewhat 2000 songs in my offline list - i have about 20 different lists with songs in them.

now my problem: when i sync my device via wifi at home it makes all of my files available for offline usage.

when i start the app a day later ALL of my songs and playlists are not available offline any longer. so i have to resync my entire library every day which is really bad. 

i hope i clearified my problem. i hope so bad that there is a solution for my problem somewhere. please tell me if you need to know anything else in terms of helping me.

my first attempts for solving this issue were: rebooting all devices, reconnect all accounts.

thank you so much from germany

rené

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

First, sign into this page and look at all the devices you are using for offline use:

https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

With premium, you can only have up to 3 devices with stored offline data. You can use Spotify on as many devices as you want to, but only 3 can have the playlists stored in offline data. If you go over 3, one of your devices gets cleared of all the offline data.

If you are sure that you only have up to 3 devices, try reinstalling the app on your iPhone and then download all the playlists again. Then check to see if they stay downloaded. If they don't stay downloaded, does it give any error popup when you start up the app?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

does anybody have a solution for my problem? i would really appreciate it! thank you!

Marked as solution

First, sign into this page and look at all the devices you are using for offline use:

https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

With premium, you can only have up to 3 devices with stored offline data. You can use Spotify on as many devices as you want to, but only 3 can have the playlists stored in offline data. If you go over 3, one of your devices gets cleared of all the offline data.

If you are sure that you only have up to 3 devices, try reinstalling the app on your iPhone and then download all the playlists again. Then check to see if they stay downloaded. If they don't stay downloaded, does it give any error popup when you start up the app?

MattSudaSpotify Star

thank you for your reply! i checked the offline devices: there are only 3. that should work. i will try to reinstall the app at the weekend and report if the problem is solves now.

i reinstalled the ios app and put all tracks back on. until now everything works fine. i hope it stays this way! thank you very much for your help!

even though it is not the same topic, i have another bug:

when spotify runs on my mac and my iphone: the iphone does not appear in the device list an my mac on spotify.

i checked the forum but i only found these tools:

- both devices have to be on the same wifi network

- newest version

- try to sign off on both devices

- restart apps

- delete both apps, reinstall them

i did all of this but still: i don't see my iphone on my mac app. do you know what else I can do?

thank you again

rené

You're welcome!

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:
You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device. Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist of their own so that this will work.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts