Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 2.3.0

What's new in this version (2.3.0) New: Hear a sneak peek with Touch Preview – just hold down your finger. Try it next time you're looking for the perfect playlist New: Swipe left to save your favourite songs. Start building a collection in seconds.

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg
  • Spotify Legend
  •   What's new in this version (2.3.0) New: Hear a sneak peek with Touch Preview – just hold down your finger. Try it next time you're looking for the perfect playlist New: Swipe left to s...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Release Notes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 2.2.0

What's new in this version (2.2.0) New: Spotify now looks so much better on the big screen on your shiny new iPhone 6 Plus New: What are the people you follow listening to right now? Check out Top Tracks In Your Network. You'll find the playlist in B...

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg
  • Spotify Legend
  •   What's new in this version (2.2.0) New: Spotify now looks so much better on the big screen on your shiny new iPhone 6 Plus New: What are the people you follow listening to right now? C...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with syncing computer with Iphone 5

Hi, I've had some problems with syncing my iphone to the computer. My Iphone will not show as a device on spotify on my computer. It has nothing to do with firewalls or anything like that. However, I think I know why it doesn't show, but I don't know...

• Hi, I've had some problems with syncing my iphone to the computer. My Iphone will not show as a device on spotify on my computer. It has nothing to do with firewalls or anything like that. However, I...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cross fading local files not working

Every time I queue a local file, it won't cross fade with any songs. Please fix this, thank you.

• Regular
  • Every time I queue a local file, it won't cross fade with any songs. Please fix this, thank you.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Show activity to facebook is always on

You can change the setting but it wont stick between restarts of the app . This was called a "bug" somewhere else here , but it's seems deliberate to me it's actually a very sneaky thing to do not good You can do that to the free users but not for pr...

• Roadie
  • You can change the setting but it wont stick between restarts of the app .   This was called a "bug" somewhere else here , but it's seems deliberate to me it's actually a very sneaky thing t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! FOR PEOPLE WITH PREMIUM

Okay, so I am thinking about premium but only getting it for two months. Is it easy to cancel the subscription? No strings attached. I do not want extra and unwanted charges on my card.

• Okay, so I am thinking about premium but only getting it for two months. Is it easy to cancel the subscription? No strings attached. I do  not want extra and unwanted charges on my card.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! offline list

Hi, My flight leaves in 4 hours. How long does it take to load an offline list with 100 songs? (iPhone)

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   My flight leaves in 4 hours. How long does it take to load an offline list with 100 songs? (iPhone)    
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Facebook activity setting on iphone app

Today I noticed that the show activity on facebook setting keeps turning on by itself, even if private session is turned on. Is this a widespread issue?

• Visitor
  • Today I noticed that the show activity on facebook setting keeps turning on by itself, even if private session is turned on. Is this a widespread issue?
  • Musabadiane
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Help syncing a local file to iOS

I have been trying to figure this out for weeks and finally decided I needed to come here. I am on premium and there are tracks in my local iTunes that I want to be able to listen to offline on my iPhone. Attached are screenshots... I have a song in ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been trying to figure this out for weeks and finally decided I needed to come here.   I am on premium and there are tracks in my local iTunes that I want to be able to listen to offli...
  • jrosseau
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Soundhound and Spotify - Playlist Problem

Hi there. I'm using spotify and i love it. But!!!!!!! I can't recover my SoundHound playlist! If i try so there is only the message: Es ist ein Fehler beim Wiederherstellen deiner gelöschten Playlists aufgetreten. Bitte versuche es in einiger Zeit no...

• Hi there. I'm using spotify and i love it. But!!!!!!!   I can't recover my SoundHound playlist! If i try so there is only the message: Es ist ein Fehler beim Wiederherstellen deiner ge...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share my songs on Twitter

I get An error message which data it's imposible To send to TwitterHelp

• I get An error message which data it's imposible To send to Twitter Help
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist page picture

Hi I have a verified artist page and got a picture uploaded and it works fine on desktops but it doesn't show up on the iPhone app. What do I have to do?

• Hi I have a verified artist page and got a picture uploaded and it works fine on desktops but it doesn't show up on the iPhone app. What do I have to do?
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Annoying message at startup

I don't want spotify to use my cell phone data plan for I disabled it. Now I get is annoying message everytime I use the app "cellular data is turned off for spotify". As I did this on purpose how can I get this annoying message to stop coming up?

• Casual Listener
  • I don't want spotify to use my cell phone data plan for I disabled it. Now I get is annoying message everytime I use the app "cellular data is turned off for spotify". As I did this on purpose how ca...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify release 27 january crashes on launch iphone 6

HiSpotify now crashes on launch showing black screen with apple logo. Older version works.

• Hi Spotify now crashes on launch showing black screen with apple logo. Older version works.
  • jonnymccaig81
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash launch ios8 iphone6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify music won't post to facebook

I don't know why, but the show activity is always on. I have took it off, but then it goes back on by itself. It's pretty frustrating and I have tried everything. Deleting the app, updating, loging off facebook. I just want the app to be normal again...

• I don't know why, but the show activity is always on. I have took it off, but then it goes back on by itself. It's pretty frustrating and I have tried everything. Deleting the app, updating, loging o...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Premium: Several issues

Since 20 days I am a Spotify user, testing a premium account right from the start. Since the first day the iOS and the OS X desktop application are showing issues. iPhone 6 (iOS 8.1.2) Spotify often stops playing at the end of a song. It doesn’t matt...

• Casual Listener
  • Since 20 days I am a Spotify user, testing a premium account right from the start. Since the first day the iOS and the OS X desktop application are showing issues.   iPhone 6 (iOS 8.1.2) ...
  • pollux
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Appears to synch OK but won't play my local files

Everything was working fine for a long time, but recently it's stopped. I got a new iPhone 5 and set it up... It "looks" like everything has worked fine, but when I go to play a local file that is on my Mac Desktop on my iPhone 5, Even though the pla...

• Everything was working fine for a long time, but recently it's stopped.  I got a new iPhone 5  and set it up... It "looks" like everything has worked fine, but when I go to play a local fil...
  • jrosseau
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify Connect?

hi, I'm trying to work out how to use spotify connect but seem a bit stumped. I wanna to control my ipad from my iphone but the two don't seem to 'connect'. Both have the latest versions of ios7 and spotify loaded and when I go to click on the 'conne...

• Regular
  • hi, I'm trying to work out how to use spotify connect but seem a bit stumped. I wanna to control my ipad from my iphone but the two don't seem to 'connect'. Both have the latest versions of ios7 and ...
  • aelindholm
  • Casual Listener
  • 89 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 89 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS - iPhone 6, Screen won't dim or auto-lock.

My battery is draining when I play music either in my car or through Apple TV becasue the screen won't dim or go to auto-lock. Not sure if this has been metioned but this is basic feeture in every app. Please update and save our phones.

• Casual Listener
  • My battery is draining when I play music either in my car or through Apple TV becasue the screen won't dim or go to auto-lock. Not sure if this has been metioned but this is basic feeture in every ap...
  • elenex
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My music won't download!

So my music just stopped downloading! I'm a premium member so I'm fine with that. What can it be? A bug or something? Help!

• Visitor
  • So my music just stopped downloading! I'm a premium member so I'm fine with that. What can it be? A bug or something? Help!
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes