Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently played!?

Solved!

Recently played!?

We all hate the new update, so I won’t get in to that. 

I’m a bit of a neat freak & like to keep my apps clean & tidy. Does anyone know if it’s even possible on this new update to clear my recently played? I know  the recently played has been moved but is there a way to clear it??

Thanks. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the Recently Played section and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. Be sure to comment or subscribe in the topic to get notifications. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Vote for this idea if you are interested in being able to hide or reset your Recently Played section.

For now we will close this topic but feel free to continue the discussion in the above-mentioned links.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hey there @Mbryan87,

thanks for posting !

In order to edit your "Recently Played" tab you can use a PC or MAC and click on the three dots on each album.

It'll give you the option of deleting the album from the recently played tab.

ללא שם.png

On top of that and in order to know all features and changes within the new UI, i do suggest checking out this Spotify answer for more info.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Hope this helps 🙂

Thanks for this. I’ll give it a try now! 

Hey @Mbryan87,

No worries.

Enjoy Spotify 🙂

Hey @Mbryan87, thanks for reaching out!

Recently played have been moved to the Home tab. It's not possible to remove music from here. Even if you remove them from the desktop version (like @OneByBoo mentioned), it won't be removed from your iOS device.

Even though Private Sessions will prevent Recently Played Artists from appearing on your profile, it will still appear in the Home tab.

If you're not enjoying this feature, I'd recommend starting a new Idea in the Idea's Exchange board here.

I hope this helps! If you need help with anything else, just let me know! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

"Recently played have been moved to the Home tab. It's not possible to remove music from here. Even if you remove them from the desktop version (like @OneByBoo mentioned), it won't be removed from your iOS device."

That's the stupidest idea ever ... why on Earth would those stupid devs REMOVE a feature ?

I can understand adding new features, or moving stuff around, but removing a feature (that was very useful), in what world is that a good idea ?

Now we're stuck with this useless list of songs we may have searched for and listened to just once and don't want to ever hear again ... great job **bleep** !

Hey @Grazzt.

Thanks the feedback! I'll make sure to pass it onto the right folks.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same problem here. I was trying to find a song for my son over the weekend and now I’ve got seven different Toy Story albums populating and I can’t remove them now that everything is on that enormous horizontal scroll.

I keep a clean “Recently Played” list because I didn’t want it messing with my algorithms... Which is exactly what happened this morning, when my Recommended For Today was all Disney. 😬

To whomever recommended using the desktop version and manipulating the tracks there—I don’t have a personal computer / only listen on my phone. (Hello, it is 2019. Having a personal computer is pretty unnecessary and therefore, my phone is my primary computing device.)

Back to the topic at hand: I want control over my Recently Played again, please!

We need to be able to edit/delete items from Recently Played. Please return this feature. Thank you

Totally agree!!! 

So, what are they waiting for ?

Same here!
I listened to Charles Manson once and now everytime I open spotify I have to look tothat ugly face..  on mobile and desktop!

ps.: sorry for hitchhiking on this post (linux desktop and android mobile)

recent spotify.png

Guys help me out vote for this idea and please share to reach threshold faster. Thanks!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Your-Library-Bring-back-REMOVE-from-...

I really like Spotify, but how crazy is it that we actually have to create a poll to get an essential feature back, because some stupid dev thought that it was a good idea to remove it ?

I use the desktop version of Spotify and "Recently Played" on the left under "My Library" and the "Recently Played" on the home screen are not the same. The one on the home screen shows the same as you mobile users and is outdated. The web player shows the out dated list of old tracks also.

The lower one is literally the last things I played. Some of the stuff in the top list is stuff I played months back. I feel the pain of people who only use mobile. I only use mobile to play playlists created on the PC. If they wont give you your delete tracks from recent back get them to fix this instead. It will at least let you push stuff off the list.

1.png
2.png
Marked as solution

Hey all,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the Recently Played section and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. Be sure to comment or subscribe in the topic to get notifications. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Vote for this idea if you are interested in being able to hide or reset your Recently Played section.

For now we will close this topic but feel free to continue the discussion in the above-mentioned links.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts