Recently played!?

Recently played!?

Mbryan87
Casual Listener

We all hate the new update, so I won’t get in to that. 

I’m a bit of a neat freak & like to keep my apps clean & tidy. Does anyone know if it’s even possible on this new update to clear my recently played? I know  the recently played has been moved but is there a way to clear it??

Thanks. 

11 Replies

Re: Recently played!?

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hey there @Mbryan87,

thanks for posting !

In order to edit your "Recently Played" tab you can use a PC or MAC and click on the three dots on each album.

It'll give you the option of deleting the album from the recently played tab.

ללא שם.png

On top of that and in order to know all features and changes within the new UI, i do suggest checking out this Spotify answer for more info.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Hope this helps :)

OneByBooRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Mbryan87
Casual Listener

Thanks for this. I’ll give it a try now! 

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hey @Mbryan87,

No worries.

Enjoy Spotify :)

OneByBooRock Star 14

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @Mbryan87, thanks for reaching out!

Recently played have been moved to the Home tab. It's not possible to remove music from here. Even if you remove them from the desktop version (like @OneByBoo mentioned), it won't be removed from your iOS device.

Even though Private Sessions will prevent Recently Played Artists from appearing on your profile, it will still appear in the Home tab.

If you're not enjoying this feature, I'd recommend starting a new Idea in the Idea's Exchange board here.

I hope this helps! If you need help with anything else, just let me know! 

Billy-JRock Star 22

Grazzt
Roadie

"Recently played have been moved to the Home tab. It's not possible to remove music from here. Even if you remove them from the desktop version (like @OneByBoo mentioned), it won't be removed from your iOS device."

That's the stupidest idea ever ... why on Earth would those stupid devs REMOVE a feature ?

I can understand adding new features, or moving stuff around, but removing a feature (that was very useful), in what world is that a good idea ?

Now we're stuck with this useless list of songs we may have searched for and listened to just once and don't want to ever hear again ... great job **bleep** !

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @Grazzt.

Thanks the feedback! I'll make sure to pass it onto the right folks.

Billy-JRock Star 22

stateofmain

Same problem here. I was trying to find a song for my son over the weekend and now I’ve got seven different Toy Story albums populating and I can’t remove them now that everything is on that enormous horizontal scroll.

I keep a clean “Recently Played” list because I didn’t want it messing with my algorithms... Which is exactly what happened this morning, when my Recommended For Today was all Disney. 😬

To whomever recommended using the desktop version and manipulating the tracks there—I don’t have a personal computer / only listen on my phone. (Hello, it is 2019. Having a personal computer is pretty unnecessary and therefore, my phone is my primary computing device.)

Back to the topic at hand: I want control over my Recently Played again, please!

garymaultsby
Casual Listener

We need to be able to edit/delete items from Recently Played. Please return this feature. Thank you

garymaultsby
Casual Listener

Totally agree!!! 

SUGGESTED POSTS