Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.2.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.2.0

iOS Release Notes
What's new in version 1.2.0
  • New: Want to sync all Your Music for offline listening? Just go to the Songs tab. (Premium only)
  • New: Works in new Ford models equipped with the next generation of Ford SYNC AppLink.
  • Fixed: Crossfade works again.
  • Fixed: More bugs asked to leave.
  • Fictitious: This app was first discovered in 1806 by Sir Alfred J. Oxley.

#iOS #1.2.0 #ReleaseNotes
Important to note
  • Nothing to see here
Community Ergo Sum
33 Replies

nonstopdigital: this is why I suspect a lot of the instability stems from the 64bit 5S and also perhaps iOS 7. This still doesn't excuse Spotify because their competitors are able to deal with these issues just fine.

Again - An update to really be afraid!!!

Why are you guys screwing around with the integration of the spotify app for car platforms. Right now it's impossible to use the app in the BMW F platform (1-, 2-, 3-, 4-, 5-, 6-, 7-, X- Series).

1 Year ago the app showed at least 52 playlists songs in the iDrive system. Currently I ain't seeing S***!!! 

Stop messing around with the multimedia interfaces and start integrating different interfaces for car multimedia platforms! Please arrive in the 21st century with this app!

When I push the pause button I expect the music to pause instantaneously. It does not. And I'm not talking about a small lag, I mean by 3-5 seconds. It takes that long for the "now playing" page to show up too. And the artwork. I'm thinking maybe I didn't push hard enough, but if I push again the thing gets hung up. I don't even remember originally installing 1.2.0, but I'm posting here because I did a clean re-install yesterday and whatever version I had it's 1.2.0 NOW and there's no change whatsoever. I hope this gets fixed soon, as it's been an ongoing issue for some time now since the "new version" of Spotify was released. I love the "new version" and was hoping this was just a snag, something that would be cleared up soon. Not soon enough, I feel obligated to report it. 

I've made a video that demonstrates the problem I spoke of in my last post:

Spotify bug

Using iPhone 4S. Never had problems before.

After v 1.2.0 update, app repeatedly hangs on opening. 

Reinstalled. Enter user name & password. Hangs again. Crashes. Repeat ad nauseam.

Very annoyed long-time premium subscriber. FIX QUICKLY PLEASE.

Really disappointed in the Spotify app right now -- I've been using it for over a year and never had any problems before. Since I updated my app within the past week (on my iPhone 5), it has become super difficult to use. I am no longer able to start, skip or pause from my lock screen. Accessing the playlists has become far more difficult when before it was so intuitive. The shuffle bar hovers over a huge area of my screen even though I never use it. When attempting to start, stop or pause songs, the button doesn't respond until I've tapped at it several times. Super frustrating and I'm considering halting my subscription if these bugs are not rapidly addressed and fixed, because right now I'm paying for a service that doesn't function properly whatsoever.

The app for ipad sucks. So many bugs and the saves from the iPhone don't appear. Please apple bring a streaming service.

iPad Spotify app sucks...

Many bugs on the iPad version of the app.

Including the Screen Rotation bug..

And most importantly, the interface is so darn lousy compared to PC and iPhone version.

No discovery tab!!

The iPhone version of the app is not on par with the Android version..

Can't edit playlist name, move playlist location. 😞

Spotify iOS team? What the heck are you doing? 

Yes, I too am frustrated there has been no update to the iPad app. Because of the changes I have made on computer and iPhone, I basically can't use Spotify on my iPad. Please provide an update!

I'm not having any of those problems on my iPhone. The app works good on my iPhone. I like it.

Metadata is not transfered in the BMW i-drive system as in past versions of Spofity.   Why did they break this?  As a premium user, I'm seriously considering dumping Spotify for another service.  I mean, seriously, how to they not test this stuff?  

Also, the UI sucks, especially if you are using Spotify on a phone in the car over blutooth audio or direct wire.  This will cause more accidents as people are trying to focus on the crappy UI to make sense of things.

If this is a sign of things to come, Spotify investors should start to worry!  Clearly, Spotify has lost touch with their power users.

How about an email apology from Spotify to its premium users!

iPhone 4S. Spotify 1.2.0.3344

5-30 second response time pressing any button when listening to Starred playlist with 5,000+ songs.

1-3 second response time with smaller playlists of less than 500 songs.

Removed app and reinstalled. Still experiencing the delay. App is not usable.

There was no delay in versions of this app prior to moving the Starred tracks to a playlist.

I subscribed to Spotify as soon as it was available in the USA.

I'll cancel my subscription and switch to a better service if these issues are not resolved soon.

Using a iPhone 4s with the most updated Spotify version, and this is seriously crap.

When I open the app, I can play 1 song online, but it crashes in the middle of the song. After that, can't play anything anymore.

And offline does not work AT ALL. I get 1 song in my offline list of songs, but does not play. And playslists are NOT loaded at all.

I have been a premium member since 2011, SO PLEASE fix this problem! I have been a big fan, now I'm turning into a very disappointed user.

Once again, a completely useless pointless update of the ipad app. WHERE IS YOUR MUSIC FOR IPAD? I've been asking for it for months as have many others. And spotify refuses to give a schedule for making th ipad app work like the iPhone and android apps!
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Your-music-not-in-ipad-version/td-p/...

One star review in the App Store and tweeting under #spotifysucksforipad and looking at other music streaming options so I can take my money elsewhere.

Suggested posts