Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.4.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.4.0

iOS Release Notes
What's new in version 1.4.0
  • New: You can now view and control your Play Queue. (iPhone)
  • New: To avoid duplicates, we'll ask you to confirm if you add a song to a playlist twice. (iPhone)
  • New: Say hello to sorting and filtering in Your Music. (iPhone)
  • Fictitious: This app is obsessed with penguins.

#iOS #1.4.0 #ReleaseNotes
Important to note
  • We are looking into fixing iPad rotation with version 1.5, but keep in mind it may slip to a later update.
  • Filtering and sorting in Your Music is not rolled out to everyone yet. We'll be rolling it to more users every day. Apologies for any confusion.

Update for version 1.4.1: Only some minor backend fixes.

Community Ergo Sum
101 Replies

Exactly where or how can I view the "queue"? I'm not seeing an option for it anywhere.

I also hoping sorting within Artist pages in Your Music is added. I want my artist pages list by year, not by title.

The title of this thread is misleading. This is an IPHONE update; the IPAD (and IOS device, hello!) doesn't have any of the new features that have been rolling out on the iphone since last August

Please stop calling this an IOS update until the iPad is INCLUDED with these new features, etc. In fact, I have no idea why I should have to keep downloading these "updates" on my iPad when I don't get anything NEW.

Maybe I'm missing something, but on my iPhone 5 the Volume icon does not work anymore. When I click it the screen dims but no control pops up. I manually have to hit the volume buttons..... please fix.

Great update I've been wanting to see my playlists and music to be in alphabetical order. There is one problem though... filtered the playlist tab to be arranged by name and it included the "starred' and 'local files' options. Hehe. So now the 2 are basically mixed with my playlists which just looks weird. I think this might be a bug so I hope you fix it soon. 

1) The complete "Following" list is broken in the Profile tab at the bottom.

2) Artists in Your Music aren't updating with all of my Followed artists. It's very out of date.

3) Discover is still missing.

when i search any song, "new song" and load it,  spotify closes

Phone: iPhone 3GS

iOS: 6.0.1

Spotify Version: 1.4

Crash Frequency: loading new songs (not already downloaded)

Jailbroken: Yes

Premium Subscription: Yes

Did this update also remove "Discover" from iPhones? Mine is totally gone. 

photo.PNG

I have Discover on 1.4.0.1334

Ha! Discover is gone from my iPhone 5, v1.4.0 too! I guess that's ONE way to deal with the lack of newer features on the iPad, remove them from the iPhone too! 😄

Just to confirm I have discover too, I would suggest checking it hasn't moved to inside Brose or anything?

Following being broken has been reported on multiple platforms, Spotify are looking into it.

Hopefully sorting inside playlists can be added easily in a future update!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Discover has just been moved inside Browse - they must have determined it wasn't a big enough feature to be a tab of it's own.

i still have DISCOVER on my 3GS,   OS 6.0.1

I guess these updates are different for everyone depending which iphone/iOS you have?  

I'd think apple would require updates to be same across all devices

How inconvenient to put Discover inside of Browse. I wonder what the rationale was for that

@Mitchgo wrote:
Exactly where or how can I view the "queue"? I'm not seeing an option for it anywhere.

Mitchgo: Maximize a song that is playing and tap the bars in the upper right hand corner

Per is correct.

I had to force quit the app several times and re-start it and the filtering and sorting finally showed up under "Songs", "Albums" and "Artists" by scrolling all the way up.

Personally I find Discover pretty useless, so I'm glad it's no longer the "home" page. But obviously that's frustrating for those who use it. I'm guessing the reasoning is probably the number of people actively using Discover was far less than those using Browse. Just an assumption though.

Is the queue syncronised between the desktop app and the iOS app?

No, the desktop app does not yet support Spotify Connect (which would allow you to transfer playback from one device to the other).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Awesome release. Has all the features I was waiting for: easy overview of locally synced albums and sorting capabilities for albums.

Thanks!

Suggested posts